My old Ding...

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
Vik351

My old Ding...

Post by Vik351 »

My old Dingo cross in action

Dingo fence... yea right...!!!

vik... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: My old Ding...

Post by T1 Terry »

You had Margaret amazed with that story yesterday Vik, but it didn't surprise me at all, they are a very clever dog. They figured out they could flip cane toads over and eat the under belly and innards without getting poisoned, took the crows a while to figure it out and probably learnt it from watching the Dingos.
I'll show Margaret the photos, for those wondering about the gate and effort required to open it, quite a bit when pulled by the handle but the Dingo figured if the wheel turned when the gate opened all he had to do was turn the wheel 8-)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

yea, some folk dont believe the story, but there it is...

Even got a pic of him climbing the ladder onto the roof somewhere... :lol: :lol:

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Called my last dingo, Ringo. He was amazing, but his son who for some reason was pure white with blue eyes, called Casper was the genius. He not only opened gates, climbed fences, trees and walked along the top fence rail to get out. He spent a day twisting a chain until it snapped, every time he saw me he hid the twisted chain under him, when it finally snapped he climbed the fence and headed to the front of the house to get out. Sadly for him when he arrived I was there, so the little prick jumped from the fence onto the house roof and escaped that way by climbing down the neighbours tree. Ran through their yard out into the street into my arms.

In the end gave him away to the local dog catcher who wanted him for his kids. He had tried to catch him lots of times when he escaped, but he always got away, even climbing onto shop and house roofs to escape. When the dog catcher came to my house, there was Casper, lying in the back yard with the chain hang off his neck. The bloke was so amazed, he asked if I wanted to get rid of him, which was thinking of. Having 2 maniac dingos, was a real hand full and his dad Ringo, was also an escape artist, but preferred to spend his time with me. He would still piss off, but didn't seem to create all the fuss Casper did. So ran the dog catcher and said if he was going to keep Casper for himself, he could have him, So he said he would bring his daughters with him and if they got on, would take him.

When the bloke arrived to pick him up, he wound the back window down so the girls could see and touch him, they fussed over him and his tail went wild. When the bloke tried to put him in the cage at on the back of his ute, Casper bolted round the car and jumped through the window, to sit between the 2 young girls.

Saw them a few times and there was Casper sitting in the back seat with the girls, bloke reckons he runs the house and sleeps with the girls. Just love them, my present little dingo lady (Marnie) is just as intelligent and runs rings round Dax (Black Keplie), sets him up for lots of crazy things. But she stays close to me and the house.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

They are a very very clever animal. If they didn't hunt sheep they would have a much better rep....... Sadly, that isn't the case.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

yea... they sure aint a dog thats for sure... Although mine was a cross I reckon there was more Ding than Ling in him... ;)

Lucky I spose with him cos he just loved my two boys and didnt bother to try 100% to escape ,ya still had to keep the joint secureish but like ya say, if he wanted to ... Gone on the wallaby...!!! :P

And toe licker... :o :o :o , never had a male do that...!!!

vik... :mrgreen:
BillieBlue

Post by BillieBlue »

native pepper wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:24 pm Called my last dingo, Ringo. He was amazing, but his son who for some reason was pure white with blue eyes, called Casper was the genius. He not only opened gates, climbed fences, trees and walked along the top fence rail to get out. He spent a day twisting a chain until it snapped, every time he saw me he hid the twisted chain under him, when it finally snapped he climbed the fence and headed to the front of the house to get out. Sadly for him when he arrived I was there, so the little prick jumped from the fence onto the house roof and escaped that way by climbing down the neighbours tree. Ran through their yard out into the street into my arms.

In the end gave him away to the local dog catcher who wanted him for his kids. He had tried to catch him lots of times when he escaped, but he always got away, even climbing onto shop and house roofs to escape. When the dog catcher came to my house, there was Casper, lying in the back yard with the chain hang off his neck. The bloke was so amazed, he asked if I wanted to get rid of him, which was thinking of. Having 2 maniac dingos, was a real hand full and his dad Ringo, was also an escape artist, but preferred to spend his time with me. He would still pistol off, but didn't seem to create all the fuss Casper did. So ran the dog catcher and said if he was going to keep Casper for himself, he could have him, So he said he would bring his daughters with him and if they got on, would take him.

When the bloke arrived to pick him up, he wound the back window down so the girls could see and touch him, they fussed over him and his tail went wild. When the bloke tried to put him in the cage at on the back of his ute, Casper bolted round the car and jumped through the window, to sit between the 2 young girls.

Saw them a few times and there was Casper sitting in the back seat with the girls, bloke reckons he runs the house and sleeps with the girls. Just love them, my present little dingo lady (Marnie) is just as intelligent and runs rings round Dax (Black Keplie), sets him up for lots of crazy things. But she stays close to me and the house.

He not only opened gates, climbed fences, trees and walked along the top fence rail to get out. He spent a day twisting a chain until it snapped, every time he saw me he hid the twisted chain under him, when it finally snapped

Hey Vik , I'll bet with a bit more training he could have made a cuppa tea , washed the clothes ,and made brekky. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Billie Blue
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm They are a very very clever animal. If they didn't hunt sheep they would have a much better rep....... Sadly, that isn't the case.
Not sure if that's what gave them a bad rep, or their skill in undoing buttons on a babies matinee jacket :twisted:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:50 am
supersparky wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm They are a very very clever animal. If they didn't hunt sheep they would have a much better rep....... Sadly, that isn't the case.
Not sure if that's what gave them a bad rep, or their skill in undoing buttons on a babies matinee jacket :twisted:
Na, that was Scott Hicke's dog...

anything to make a movie...!!!

vik... :o :o :o
Last edited by Vik351 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Never saw the movie but read the coroners reports. Too much disturbing of evidence and convenient lack of crucial evidence that didn't make sense why it wouldn't be available, but all gone into folk law now so no one will ever know for sure apart from those actually responsible