A new addition to the family

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
native pepper

Re: A new addition to the family

Post by native pepper »

It's a nice looking pussy cat, they are cute when young and playful. Not into cats myself doggie person and dogs are easily trained to not attack wildlife, unlike cats. Take my dogs for a run every morning just after dawn and they see heaps of wildlife, even get really close to wallabies, but have trained them to leave them alone and they do. It's the horses they chase and get chased by, which can be pretty hilarious to watch as the horses love playing with the dogs and chasing them across the paddocks.

Sadly caught and drowned 5 cats in the last couple of weeks, we have close to an epidemic of cats down here, people that don't want their cats leave the cities and dump their cats in the bush. Have nothing against cats, not their fault, but they do destroy a huge number of local wildlife everywhere. Really hate having to drown them, but not other option sadly. Some are easy to handle, some are feral, really wild and some are huge and fill the cage.

Hope yours has a long happy and non lethal life :)
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Agree l'm not a cat person either, hate the way they kill native wild life when not controlled.

Years ago when my son was about 11, he found a box on the side of the road that had been run partly over, inside he found several young birds all dead but one, he brought the bird home, we hand reared it to grow into an eastern rosella, he called him Buddy, he taught him to talk would call his name when he seen him, he would run around on Brad's desk while he was doing homework, at night he slept in a small cage in his room, during the day he had a large yard cage, Buddy was about 2 years old when new neighbors arrived, unfortunately they brought with them a cat, Buddy was drinking water from his trough when the cat bounced on the side of the cage apparently scaring Buddy to death, my son was devastated he loved that bird.👎
Shirley & Bruce.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Our daughter’s cat Jaffa. Image
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Melinda.
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Brutus...
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I loathe people that kill animals because they are doing exactly what they are programmed to do by nature. Always the humans fault these things happen. Anyway Brian suggested Megs for a name. I suggest GM as in General Motors but maybe General Megs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Simple & obvious really...
"Master"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
homeless

Post by homeless »

Sweet and sour or chilli cat sesame cat. Could go on
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Dot

Post by Dot »

homeless wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:16 pm Sweet and sour or chilli cat sesame cat. Could go on
Chinese ?? you don't look like it
:lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Don , now thats a name ;)

don let it on the kitchen bench...!!! :o

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)