dog races airplane??

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
jon_d

Re: dog races airplane??

Post by jon_d »

Sounds more entertaining than a Friday night WDH discussion on Caravanners. Do tell Terry..... :shock:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

We never seem to do anything the easy way :lol: Travelled to the airport Ikea car park to do the pick up of our 2 adoptee puppies from a family who had just driven from Roxby Downs mine to the airport to fly out to Melbourne to care for a crook rellie ... all a bit rushed with Kelly the wife becoming emotional and the dogs not getting the "see you later, all will be good" farewell they seemed to be expecting. Rather they stood there on the leads and collars "that looked to be very recent purchases" while the vehicle drove away ......
The adoptees are a male chocolate brown and white Chihuahua about 2 1/2yrs old named "Coco" and a female long hair Jack Russel about 3 yr old named Ruby.
Negotiated the first part of the car park ok with Coco looking back to the spot the vehicle had been, through all the people that seem to just appear on a Saturday morning, but once we rounded the corner, all ideas of co operation went out the window. An attempt to pick Coco up resulted in a near miss with the piranha teeth where an ambulance trip might have been on the cards, slip the head out of the collar and off at a full gallop to where the vehicle with mum and dad and the kids had been parked. A number of circuit with many people trying to herd him off, one poor sole attempted to catch him, hope he recovers by Christmas, the hand shaking action indicated the piranha teeth had met the soft flesh. Unfortunately, didn't have time to see if he was ok, off after the dog.
From around 12 lunch time till around 4pm was spent chasing sightings of the dog and possible places he might have gone, including multiple multi lane road crossings, around sections of the airport parking area and a number of laps around a group of work yards set up between the airport and Ikea/Bunnings complex.
Even had Kelly (mum) and Kad (one of the sons) helping trying to catch the dog after Margaret fessed up and had them paged at the airport.
Even tried the Bunnings Sausage sizzle snag as bait in the grassy area he had passed through the most times .... but no more sightings .... Kelly and Kad had to catch their plane and we were just about to admit defeat and take the one remaining dog back to Mannum with us .... then Margaret received a text from the owners who had just landed in Melbourne, dog found and phone number.
Turns out Coco was finally corners in someone's yard and the local dog catcher netted him after he tried to take a piece out of her as well. Lovely lady, we negotiated a spot to meet up to do the dog hand over (that has a story all its own I'll leave Margaret to tell around the campfire) a trip to a petshop to get proper harnesses to avoid the escapes happening again (yet another story for Margaret to tell :lol:) and off for home.
Once Coco was reunited with Ruby, all was well again, Coco settled quickly and with 11/2 sizzle sausages of bribery, I was allow to pick him up.

The meeting with the cat didn't go quite as expected, even though the cat is big enough to take them both down as a snack, the cat headed out for his safe zone in his cat enclosure out back and spent the night there it seems.
The dogs are at the workshop with me at the moment, Margaret has gone off the Aldi shopping with Brian, and I'm here typing this story out :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

You know, I think we might be in the record books this week.

Bernie is going to read two long stories to the end! :lol:
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

:D :D :D Thanks for the laugh T1. Looking forward to Margarets half of the story. :lol: Bloody dogs, but we would be lost without them. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
bob r

Post by bob r »

Your rite Jon even i have read two long stories this week. :shock:

Bob
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
Great activity down your way T-1.
The mind boggles as I read through and imagine what the 'locals' would be thinking as they watch the antics.
Waiting for the next episode where the cat escapes from it's enclosure and chases the dogs around Mannum, with T-1 in hot persuit screaming out "Woer you bastards----slow down and let me catch you".
At mleast they wont get out of S.A., with the borders closed.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
Great activity down your way T-1.
The mind boggles as I read through and imagine what the 'locals' would be thinking as they watch the antics.

I'm waiting for the next episode where the cat escapes from it's enclosure and chases the dogs around Mannum, with T-1 in hot persuit screaming out "Woer you bastards----slow down and let me catch you".
At least they wont get out of S.A., with the borders closed.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
homeless

Post by homeless »

They are not that bad HAHA.
They turned up at my boat and they seemed to like the freshly cooked roast pork with fennel and vegs.
Trouble was getting it away from Terry to give to the dogs. Appeared to be eatable as no one gave any back.
Terry had to wash it down with a beer while Margaret need wine, BUT they forgot to wait for the Pavlova for sweets LOL.
See how this poor pensioner has to get by with subsistence foods.
Went to the work shop after the hard time SHOPPING and was greeted by a few licks and when I had a short nap in my office while waiting for someone to stop typing I had a visitor.
No fingers missing so I think I am safe to go to the work shop again to slave away.
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

They sure can give you a hard time dogs, seems like it was a great day, for them. I have a long piece of very light rope attached to my new lady kelpie, until she is exhausted she doesn't stop or come inside when told. So I throw a stick for her and as she flies past, grab the rope. Bought a new harness for her yesterday, her old one disintegrated when I grabbed the rope when she was at full speed chasing the neighbours little rocket. Suppose that's what happens when you still have a light puppy harness on a fast growing mad speed demon kelpie.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

That's all part of the joy of owning a pet. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds like they are settling in at least. :D
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.