Safe my arse...!!!

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Vik351

Safe my arse...!!!

Post by Vik351 »

from the net... about slow down when lights are flashing... 25 KPH in SA not 40 as in other states ,this week... :? are we one country or what yet,what rail gauge are you ...??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

A interesting post on another group..........Traveling back to Sydney from Newcastle and this happens...
Police are booking someone on the side of the road ( not an accident or anything life threatening ) in a 110 zone.
I’m doing 110kph and all of a sudden (as I come around the bend of the road) there was a wall of virtually STOPPED traffic. I nearly got rear ended by the car behind me as there was almost no time to slow down because there is NO WARNING to let anyone know that there are pretty red/blue lights flashing.
This rule might work inside city limits, but on a freeway, it will KILL someone!

vik... :| :| :|
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
homeless

Re: Safe my arse...!!!

Post by homeless »

You should be thankful the the nice revenue collector was collecting money for our pollies to give away to some other country.
They have been targeting the hay carters in NSW etc if the are an inch over the width length etc. It is OK to hound our people that are trying to help our own communities out of a dire situation but then revenue is revenue and if the find an easy way then they will get as much as they can.
I found often the speed changes were just before a bend etc so they could set up a trap around the bend and then it would return to the 100 or 110 straight after. Even seen road works signs with no workers but a camera car was there, wonder if they carry their own signs ???
Our government do not work on common sense, it is all about as much money as possible from the little people.
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

You have been staying with Ron too long Brian, your negativity levels are going through the roof :roll: Sure hope you can think of a positive topic for the trip home on Sunday .... but then there is gaffer tape I suppose ;) :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:54 am You have been staying with Ron too long Brian, your negativity levels are going through the roof :roll: Sure hope you can think of a positive topic for the trip home on Sunday .... but then there is gaffer tape I suppose ;) :lol:
https://tenor.com/view/cant-handle-the- ... if-7916035

vik... heesa true...!!! :(
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Love this one from the same site Vik https://tenor.com/view/busubusu9-gif-8390144
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

vik351 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:59 am from the net... about slow down when lights are flashing... 25 KPH in SA not 40 as in other states ,this week... :? are we one country or what yet,what rail gauge are you ...??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

A interesting post on another group..........Traveling back to Sydney from Newcastle and this happens...
Police are booking someone on the side of the road ( not an accident or anything life threatening ) in a 110 zone.
I’m doing 110kph and all of a sudden (as I come around the bend of the road) there was a wall of virtually STOPPED traffic. I nearly got rear ended by the car behind me as there was almost no time to slow down because there is NO WARNING to let anyone know that there are pretty red/blue lights flashing.
This rule might work inside city limits, but on a freeway, it will KILL someone!

vik... :| :| :|
Unfortunately, that is what it will take to get the police involved to take safe and responsible decisions when it comes to these things. It was a sly radar trap set up over the crest of a hill that lead to my motor vehicle accident because each driver was distracted by suddenly seeing a fully marked Police car with the radar mounted on the side, hidden by the hill. The young lady who hit me said she saw the radar, checked her speedo and plough into the back of the ute I was in with even applying the brakes