What is next weather wise

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: What is next weather wise

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote:
T1 Terry wrote:... 32*C already and now they predict 39*C, so in the shed I'd imagine it will reach the low 40's for much of the day ...
You got cooling in your shed, T1?
In mine it regularly tops 45* when it's 35~38* outside. :shock:
If I want to work in my PlayPen, I just check current temp & add 10.
Yeah, air conditioning... the full flow type, in the big door and out through the opening flaps in the roof at the back end of the workshop :lol: Fans set up in work areas so the hot air at least dries the sweat a bit. The office has an air con and for some strange reason the outlet is right behind my computer..... seem to spend quite a bit of time on the computer on the hotter days 8-)
Went up stairs to look for an extension cable, didn't last long before I decided I didn't need it that bad after all, it's a tad warm up there.
You know it's getting hot when you need to run the tap for a few mins before washing the hands under it so you don't get scalded. It was one of those novelty things on the return trips to Lake Illawarra, turning the tap one for a drink of water, you could make coffee from the first few litre here at the moment.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Lance

Post NSW fire ratings for Sunday worse than Vic's Black Saturday

Post by Lance »

Have a look at the map in this news story and take heed of the warnings.
Sunday is sounding like a very dangerous day in parts of NSW

Parks shut down: No camping, bushwalking, riding
National parks in the high fire dangers areas across the state were being shut down so fewer people might be caught out.
"We don't want people camping, we don't want people bushwalking, we don't want people out there four-wheel driving or riding their motorbikes through at risk areas — the risk is real," Mr Fitzsimmons said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-11/n ... ay/8262500
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Now all they have to do is keep the wanker fire bugs out
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
bob r

Post by bob r »

Maybe that's part of it keep people out of the Parks and they can't start fires.

Bob
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I placed a thermometer in the sun yesterday afternoon and saw the temperature climb to 55*C. 25*C in the shade at the moment.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Rained most of the night and a cool 20ish.

George, I'll be up your way this afternoon for 3 days. (work conference).

A lovely summers evening planned tonight and then 3 days of 25-28 ish.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Jon,

Give me a call when you are here and we can meet up.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Hi George,

I'll try but probably won't have time. Work has everything scheduled.
Dot

Post by Dot »

cold today :) :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote:cold today :) :)
or just not as hot as usual??? :lol: Seems strange that a temp drop to 26*C had me looking for a shirt to go over the T Shirt this morning, Sydney and the South Coast will probably feel down right cold when we get there, best pack some warm clothes eh :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO