What is next weather wise

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: What is next weather wise

Post by T1 Terry »

Haven't seen any snakes around close although we have seen them on the back road from the house to the workshop. As there are no death adders in this area I'm not particularly worried about snakes, the majority of them are quite happy to get on with their own life rather than wanting to share ours.... unless they are into the 20/20 cricket and their tv is on the blink. :lol:
We had an echidna walk down the driveway today, silly me decided to be a good Samaritan and I'd carry it across the road so it didn't get flattened..... those spikes are needle sharp, so I left him to carry on crossing the road under his own steam :roll:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Not particularly thinking of your safety Terry but Miss Crunchy but they do come in side if the opportunity is there. Just sayin :) We have it on very good local knowledge that your stretch of road is well settled with them and have also witnessed them.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote:Not particularly thinking of your safety Terry but Miss Crunchy but they do come in side if the opportunity is there. Just sayin :) We have it on very good local knowledge that your stretch of road is well settled with them and have also witnessed them.
Crunchie only sees things as they are leaving these days so not much of a worry there. Are there and snakes that eat mossies and blow flies? We might have a problem if there is cause our place seems to be a haven for those buggas :lol: The door has to stay open for Princess Crunchie as her bladder isn't quite as good as it once and the back door as Crunchie can't climb the stairs any more, but she can get down them after a few moments psyching her self up for the trip.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

We have rain :) :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

you will cap it to night :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Dot

Post by Dot »

THE THINGS YOU FIND IN THE KITCHEN! A pregnant, venomous eastern brown snake has been found underneath a refrigerator at a beach side home in Adelaide. (Picture from Snake Catchers Adelaide)
Terry T1.jpg
Here you are Terry :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

They seem to like it under the fridge, My sister in law in Darwin saw a king Brown go under her fridge, so decided to move it on, with the old four ten, and then wondered why the fridge didn't work any more!
Life is a trip, to be enjoyed!
John M
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote:THE THINGS YOU FIND IN THE KITCHEN! A pregnant, venomous eastern brown snake has been found underneath a refrigerator at a beach side home in Adelaide. (Picture from Snake Catchers Adelaide)Terry T1.jpg
Here you are Terry :lol:
That's Adelaide for you :lol: What was the problem if it was under the fridge, no one sees that area until they buy a new fridge :lol: I wonder how many of those babies would hatch in such a warm spot as the under side of the fridge in a place that regularly sees 40*C plus.
Was it an actual residential house or a holiday house I wonder, just seems strange to nest near people if it considered them a potential threat to her babies.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

While we are talking about snakes. If you happen across a red bellied black snake, do your best to leave it alone as they are one of the few things that eat the young brown snakes.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote:While we are talking about snakes. If you happen across a red bellied black snake, do your best to leave it alone as they are one of the few things that eat the young brown snakes.
Yet another reason why I like red belly black snakes and the yellow belly ones as well (lots around our place as a kid, love blackberry bushes) Never seen a red or yellow belly stand and fight unless cornered, they would much prefer to be some where that people are not.