What is next weather wise

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: What is next weather wise

Post by BruceS »

Terry the brown will usually take off if it sees you but the tiger snake and red belly seldom will move...
Tiger snakes are by far the worst. A big tiger snake is usually no more than 4ft long. Browns up to 7ft!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

I stood on a big brown wriggler once (early morning), as I stood on it I realised there was something under foot not quite right, when I saw what it was I think I gathered up my 2 Dobes and hover crafted across the yard, the next day my big boy Dobe alerted us to something near the fence, on closer inspection by Gman it was the thing I stood on the day before , too close to the house so it went to wriggly heaven. The next encounter was a red bellied black under the wood box just outside the sliding door, once again my lad told me something was there, so that one also went to heaven. If they stay in the bush ok but not near my animals or house.
Kangarilla is renowned for big nasty Tiger snakes
Last edited by Dot on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

you got off lightly Dot. I stood on a little one during a summers evening stroll with Ms Bagger. Didnt feel a thing but the next street light revealed 2 bleeding puncture marks on the meaty part of the shin.
2 days in intensive care.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

While on the southern tip of the Yorke Peninsula, SA recently, SWMBO decided to take a walk along a 5km well-marked & cleared track from one side of Innes NP to the other. Didn't pocket her phone.
As my fitness level is not up to hers, I drove Jim to t'other end of the track to pick her up & return to camp.
When she arrived she was as white as the proverbial bed-linen.
Seems she started jogging at one stage, rounded a corner of the track & almost stumbled stepping on a stick... a large brown stick, which then slithered away. :o
As she recovered over the last 1km of the walk, she realised what deep doo-doos she would have been in if it had been cross with her: I would have waited about an hour after her ETA before raising the alarm, by which time she most likely would have been handed her flying equipment. :shock:
She now takes either her phone or pocket-CB (depending on phone reception) when we separate like that.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

bagmaker wrote:you got off lightly Dot. I stood on a little one during a summers evening stroll with Ms Bagger. Didnt feel a thing but the next street light revealed 2 bleeding puncture marks on the meaty part of the shin.
2 days in intensive care.
I always wore my famous big blue gumboots when taking the furbabies for their walks in the forest at the back of our place. I think I was lucky due to the fact that it was earlier in the day and they hadn't warmed up to their fullest yet..
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Bugga you lot, I have to wade around in knee high grass beside the river to fix the pump pipe and now you have put the wind up me with your snake stories. Next you will be telling me there are great whites and hammer head sharks in wetlands waiting to get me as well :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

No great whites Terry but the occasional bull shark and the red belly will join you in for a swim. Friend has a farm and never got to swim in the big dam due to it been taken over by the red bellies..... :) dah du dah du :) :)
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

"No sharks here, mate. The crocs cleaned 'em out!" :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote:"No sharks here, mate. The crocs cleaned 'em out!" :lol:
Ah, from "Tommie the pommie jackaroo" perhaps :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Reached 40.6* here today but back down to 26* now.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor