ID and the little garden gnome

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Lance

ID and the little garden gnome

Post by Lance »

The ID Buzz is a concept vehicle. VW has announced plans to put something like it into production in a few years. For now, though, the futuristic electric microbus is just a fleshed out idea, the sort of thing designed to excite crowds at car shows.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/01/technol ... index.html
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
supersparky

Re: ID and the little garden gnome

Post by supersparky »

Everyone loves a splitty don't they?? I know I do.
I saw an early beetle on a car transporter the other day. The split rear screen version. I wonder how many of those still exist in Oz today?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BillieBlue

Post by BillieBlue »

I don't think you will find too many of those anymore David and if you did they would be worth a lot of $$$$$. 8-)

Cheers Pat.
Billie Blue
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

My first car was a split window Beetle
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The split rear window beetle ceased production in 1953 and the beetle didn't officially go on sale in Aust until 1954, so all split rear window beetles in Aust were personal imports, very rare items in right hand drive, if we only knew then what they'd be worth now ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:30 pm The split rear window beetle ceased production in 1953 and the beetle didn't officially go on sale in Aust until 1954, so all split rear window beetles in Aust were personal imports, very rare items in right hand drive, if we only knew then what they'd be worth now ;)

T1 Terry
Hindsight... dont ya love it...

My first two cars were bugs, 62 and a 64 ... 8-) late model stuff...

Prolly the only reason I'm here today thanks to those cars...

vik... speed kills...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)