Checking vans

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Dot

Checking vans

Post by Dot »

Check this out.. Lots of vans being checked over

https://www.gorv.com.au/3381-2/
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Checking vans

Post by BruceS »

I was hoping it wouldn't surface on our Forum.
Reminds me of black crows picking the eyes out of a half dead sheep.........
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen »

I am disappointed to see your take on an item about promoting caravan safety Bruce :(
Motherhen
http://www.australiasomuchtosee.com
Tips on starting out and setting up, how to find free and low cost camps, trip planning, travelogues and more
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Yea Bruce...??? Whats the problem...???

Fore warned is fore armed...!!!

Better than prangs...!!!

vik... :? :? :?
Last edited by Vik351 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Lance

Post by Lance »

It's a topic that should be discussed openly simply because it concerns all who tow vans and trailers.
Maybe there aren't a lot of vans and trailers here but that doesn't lessen the importance.
This topic may not get a lot of traction here, that's fine, but no reason to limit it's spread.
Graeme Shenton is busting his gut to help make the roads safer for ALL drivers and deserves all the support we can give him.
I was involved in a 'weigh-in' at Yarragon a coupla yr ago and the findings were very interesting. It was organised by Brij (Peter) who at the time was an operator at the weigh bridge.
Some of you may have read about it on CF.

It is important ;)
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
Bow

Post by Bow »

Big difference between Legal and Safe.

A caravan or motor home can be legal and not safe.

A caravan or motor home can be safe but not legal.

Most people do not understand the difference.

big
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Rust or poorly maintained 😇
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Is Sgt Graeme Shenton Pathy Cop on the CF? The talk by Rod Hannifey about sharing the road safely at STC was very well presented and accepted. One of the topics that come up each time is the licence endorsement for towing, either a caravan or 5er. He was ready for an attack but the crowd actually gave a "hear, hear" and cheer to the suggestion, so the need for better driver education and a licence endorsement to verify such education has been undertaken and understood is becoming more widely accepted.
With so many more RV's of all shapes and sizes on the road these days and an ever increasing number each yr, I think all are starting o accept that something needs to be done.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Lance

Post by Lance »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:13 pm Is Sgt Graeme Shenton Pathy Cop on the CF?
Yep, he certainly is Terry ;)
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

On yet another forum, looks like the weight checking and safety checks are spreading interstate as well http://thegreynomads.activeboard.com/t6 ... gh-bridge/ I put the link in for anyone who is interested in following the talk rather than doing the 3rd person he said/they said thing.
I guess it's only a matter of time until it becomes part of travelling no matter what your rig combination is ... well apart from a houseboat I guess :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO