Senator Leyonhjelm.............

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Lance

Senator Leyonhjelm.............

Post by Lance »

Your thoughts on his comments in Parliament recently ?

I've passed on my thoughts to him however I doubt I'll get any response from him or his office.

senator.leyonhjelm@aph.gov.au
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
BernieQ2

Re: Senator Leyonhjelm.............

Post by BernieQ2 »

Who is he ?
Bernie .
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

What comments?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Lance

Post by Lance »

Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
dapope

Post by dapope »

Privileged white boy. Deserves an ass kicking for being a rude arrogant sob
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

I think our world has become to politically correct, which is slowly destroying human relationships. Didn't think what he said was that gross, compared to the many women claiming men are all rapists and abusers. The women in my life claim she deserves what she gets and he is no more a moron than she is. However that may only be in the music industry, where contrary to some claims, women are treated just the same as men, equally and in my long experience, that's how it has always been.

Luckily most people are not like these types and understand the ways of the world and life in general, which is tough on us all at times. You either learn form it, or become a pathetic whiner.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Time for him to resign or be kicked out. There is no excuse for any one to use that sort of attack simply to back themselves up when loosing an argument. We see it often on some of the forums but a public figure thinking it's alright and he should be able to get away with it is not on as far as I'm concerned.
The fact he couldn't actually produce any evidence that supports his claim of what Sarah Hanson-young said and couldn't even repeat what he claimed to have heard on the Project last night during an interview goes very much against him. There is no record on the Hansard recording of the debate that supports his claim that he heard her say that all men were rapists, so it seems to be in his head but he can't actually get it back out.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

But I think she should have included the word "some" in her spiel.
SOME men need to change their opinions & actions towards women & other females.
Leaving out that word suggests she is referring to you. (Depope, Terry, myself & others)
I'm sorry, I'm not sure about others, but I know I'm not a rapist or wife basher!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

dapope

Post by dapope »

BruceS wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:23 pm But I think she should have included the word "some" in her spiel.
SOME men need to change their opinions & actions towards women & other females.
Leaving out that word suggests she is referring to you. (Depope, Terry, myself & others)
I'm sorry, I'm not sure about others, but I know I'm not a rapist or wife basher!!!
We may not be, but its a sad fact there are an awful lot who are misogynistic. In this instance I can forgive the lumping in, even though I am not a party supporter at this time.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Dot

Post by Dot »

What ever happened to "Sticks and stones etc"? turn the other cheek, show you are a better person etc Can't say a bloody thing these days. Get the old boxing ring out and do it properly , sick to bits of this men and women shit. Every living thing is stuffed thanks to mainly PC .. respect to all is the key, no need to degrade or abuse people even if you think it :) I now try to say " A lot of men/women are A holes for xyz not ALL men/women are A holes. One word makes all the difference. I agree he should apologise but the public opinion will see him out.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.