Senator Leyonhjelm.............

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Izabarack

Re: Senator Leyonhjelm.............

Post by Izabarack »

Leyonhjelm has seen the writing on the wall for his chances of surviving the upcoming half senate election. So, in a spate of victim blaming in a Senate debate, he made up some non-existent comment in an ad hominem attack on a female Senator. Has not covered himself in glory in the TV interviews I have seen and still cannot verify is Hanson-Young said anything like what he is trying to use to justify a total act of dickheadiness. Fool has made it all worse now by continuing attacks on females by things like tweeting that Angela Bishop is a "bigoted bitch". Leyonhjelm needs to go.

If Leyonhjelm was trying to put Hanson-Young in her place, big backfire as she is on a roll with solid support from all sides of the major parties. Even Sky News has backpedalled and apologised for giving the fool a platform for his anti-female garbage.

Iza
2Smiths

Post by 2Smiths »

It's an interesting one...

I don't believe that Sarah Hanson-Young should be lumping all men into the same boat (which is ostensibly what the #me too movement is now doing).

HOWEVER, I'd suggest that Leyonhelm could have handled himself a lot better than he did...

Oh, and Terry, it's "losing", rather than "loosing". (Why do people have some many issues differentiating those two words these days...?)
"It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have..."

This gives a clue as to how I'll pack, and the rig I'll need :oops:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

2Smiths wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:57 am It's an interesting one...

I don't believe that Sarah Hanson-Young should be lumping all men into the same boat (which is ostensibly what the #me too movement is now doing).

HOWEVER, I'd suggest that Leyonhelm could have handled himself a lot better than he did...

Oh, and Terry, it's "losing", rather than "loosing". (Why do people have some many issues differentiating those two words these days...?)
I'm blaming that on Spell Checker, it usually auto corrects and you miss the opportunity to try and correct it yourself and that is the way we learn to spell. At least it doesn't put a red pen stroke through the bad spelling and put a number out of 10 for spelling, another for grammar and another for content :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dunno about yours, T1, but my speil chequer works fine...
😎😝

I mark you S: 3; G: 7; C: 9......
😁

Oh, and the Good Senator Pottymouth is a Grade A, gold-plated D|€<head, IMHO, and should jump before The People push him... preferably off a very tall building!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Why would he leave , he's on a good salary..and may get 're-elected...voters have short memories .
Bernie .
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

BernieQ wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:21 pm Why would he leave , he's on a good salary..and may get 're-elected...voters have short memories .
Bernie .
Whatever happened to “serving the nation”??
Oh, that’s right... it’s the ME generation.
“I’m alright Jack. Up yours.”
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
2Smiths

Post by 2Smiths »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:34 am
2Smiths wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:57 am It's an interesting one...

I'm blaming that on Spell Checker, it usually auto corrects and you miss the opportunity to try and correct it yourself and that is the way we learn to spell. At least it doesn't put a red pen stroke through the bad spelling and put a number out of 10 for spelling, another for grammar and another for content :lol:
All good, especially given that I used "some" interchangeably with "so" in my post...That might have scored me a "5" for intent, and a "2" for proofreading...
"It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have..."

This gives a clue as to how I'll pack, and the rig I'll need :oops:
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Greynomad wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:26 pm
BernieQ wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:21 pm Why would he leave , he's on a good salary..and may get 're-elected...voters have short memories .
Bernie .
Hanson young is a member of the "me generation", not the bloke who is expressing his sentiments regarding her veracity and hypocrisy is the norm in the political system, no matter what their allegiance is. I'd back him as representing the real people of Aus, rather than Hanson young. In reality, they are all crazed ideologues and only represent themselves and their insane ideologies, never the real future or what the people want and need.

The woman is a typical misandrist, as are all the PC drop kicks of the world. Put misandrists and misogynists together in a rocket ship to mars and that would remove the majority of our problems, then real people could get on with life. Instead of having these people paid by us, doing bugger all, but argue, attack and deny what they really are, pathetic.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

native pepper wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:39 pm
Greynomad wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:26 pm
Bernie .
Hanson young is a member of the "me generation", not the bloke who is expressing his sentiments regarding her veracity and hypocrisy is the norm in the political system, no matter what their allegiance is. I'd back him as representing the real people of Aus, rather than Hanson young. In reality, they are all crazed ideologues and only represent themselves and their insane ideologies, never the real future or what the people want and need.

The woman is a typical misandrist, as are all the PC drop kicks of the world. Put misandrists and misogynists together in a rocket ship to mars and that would remove the majority of our problems, then real people could get on with life. Instead of having these people paid by us, doing bugger all, but argue, attack and deny what they really are, pathetic.
100%... with ya there...!!! Thought this was a greens forum with all the crock tears for s.h.y. if this crap gets to ya ... then we really have lost Australia to P.C. crap...

vik...!!! Life's required...!!! :o :o :o
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Busman

Post by Busman »

Don't agree that often with you pep, but 100% as well on this one
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !