Niki Lauda R'I'P

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Dot

Niki Lauda R'I'P

Post by Dot »

Formula one legend Niki Lauda has died at the age of 70. :(
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Re: Niki Lauda R'I'P

Post by Greynomad »

I'net news says it was pneumonia after a lung transplant, which was made necessary after that horiffic fiery crash at Nurburgring in the 80s.
Admire him for getting back in the car after that one! And he lasted a long time with the seared lungs before admitting the transplant was required.
A shame he had to go at such a relatively young age (for a retired F1 driver).
Those who survive to retire generally live a long time because their fitness while driving stays with them. (viz: Stirling Moss, Jack Brabham)
As the saying goes: "There are old racers and there are bold racers... but there are no old, bold racers."
Niki was a 'cautiously bold' one... took things to the limit many times, but was never foolhardy.
RIP Niki.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Vik351

Re: Niki Lauda R'I'P

Post by Vik351 »

Bloody hell... saw hum on the teevs chattin away and he looked as good as ya could look being him...!!! while here for the GP

it's time, it's time... :( :( :(

vik... :|
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)