Macca's Hobbies and Interest

Please discuss your hobbies and interests in this forum.
Ask for a sub-section if you want it!!!
Macca

Macca's Hobbies and Interest

Post by Macca »

My passion since 1983 has been Genealogy with a capital G. Joined Bundaberg Genealogical Assoc. Back then all research was done by snail mail, those blue aerograms (whoever remembers them) and sending SAE for replies, or there was also IRC (nternalional reply coupons). Used to walk a couple of mile daily to check the mail for replies. Paid researches in Belfast. He was the director of the Brlfast Historical Assoc. There was an upside to this as back last century he was doing a lecture tour around Australia and Bundaberg was one of his stops. He was being Billited with members so I volunteered. Had a great night apart from understanding his accent. He was so wrapped in a cane fire the men put on for him. Was fortunate in Ireland as ancestors were Quakers who kept great records and they were not burnt in the 1922 Dublin fire which destroyed records.
Had researches in Denmark, Poland, West Midlands UK as well as Scotland for Bruce. Now all done online.
I have organised a 100 year reunion for my Dad's family in 1989 and did very amateurish books as only had a "typewriter".
Organised a 100 year reunion for the McLellans in 1983. Published a McLellan book for the 110 years of McLellans.
Wonder what will happen to my 20 A4 family history charts when I fall off the perch! Ah well Such is Life.
Reading- never go anywhere for appts etc without my book to read.
Am wondering what will happen to all my stamps as well. Started as a child then my yongest took it over but it just gradually came back to me in her teenage years.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Coolabah1au

Re: Macca's Hobbies and Interest

Post by Coolabah1au »

Same here but slowly getting there [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk