How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post here if you have some suggestions on improving the forum.
Vik351

How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by Vik351 »

All roads lead to Coomera...Qld

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Adelaid ... 846439!3e0

Any clues to the best road up there you learned folk...???

Dr Google says got down through Murray Bridge way then up ...???

Last time I went to Qld I went the Broken Hill way, both ways meet up at Moree anyway...

I wonder if the Hill way would have a bit less traffic...??? but more roos...??? but the Hay plains is bad too...!!!

Dont wanna smash up the Luxo Barge on it's way for sale...!!!

Cant flog it in Deadalaide so off to Coomera :cry:

Which way did Dotters go ...??? up the guts wasnt it, Alice etc...???

I'm all ears to road conditions you folk...

vik... :P :)
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by BruceS »

Very little difference Vik.
It really depends on a few things.
Biggest thing is dependent on how sure your vehicle is reliable.
Broken Hill is the quietest way & can be very lonely & a very long way for any emergency help. (Ambo / tow truck etc)
The busiest way is straight out through Gawler, across the Riverland to Hay & up to West Wylong & then up the Newell Hwy.
The next quietest way with minimal traffic is out the Freeway towards Melb till just past Tailem Bend & then out thru Pinnaroo, Tooleybuc, comes out near Balranald, then Hay & same as above one.
I used to be in transport & I took either Broken Hill or Tooleybuc ways. Hated the idiot traffic between Mildura & Gawler.
Broken Hill way I used to turn off thru Nevertire, Warren, Collie & come out at Gilgandra.
There is a huge motorhome sellers yard up near Gympie. They seem to shift quite a few.
Are you flying home Vik?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Thanks Bruce...

Was thinkin the hill way, did it 40 odd years ago and we are creatures of habit ... :D

The Luxo Barge should make me thinks, only 3 K on the clock :twisted:

Gunna hafta fly home I spose cos the bloke I'm floggin the Espie to is gunna build me "MY Model"

Cant find what I want ,havent got what I want,so make what I want...!!!

Has dotters got room in da bus, hitch a lift home with them ya reckon, then I can lay an egg in her dunny, pay back...!!! :twisted:

vik... :lol:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I would avoid the Pinaroo way and go via Mildura etc. Even though Google says it's quicker, it isn't, the road is in poor condition with lots of bouncing from the Tailem Bend turn off through to about Euston, lots of windy bits and the rail crossing are now down to 60km/h.
We did the Hay turn off and up through West Wylong etc, long boring road but not to bad condition for the majority of it.
we saw roos but they were smart enough to stay off the road and we were driving at night and that is the worst time for them so .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:41 pm I would avoid the Pinaroo way and go via Mildura etc. Even though Google says it's quicker, it isn't, the road is in poor condition with lots of bouncing from the Tailem Bend turn off through to about Euston, lots of windy bits and the rail crossing are now down to 60km/h.
We did the Hay turn off and up through West Wylong etc, long boring road but not to bad condition for the majority of it.
we saw roos but they were smart enough to stay off the road and we were driving at night and that is the worst time for them so .....

T1 Terry
So how do I get to Mildura from your joint then...???

Any short cuts , don think my bomb would fit on a ferry :o

vik... :cry:
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Not sure why it won't fit on a ferry Vik. Hit it at 30-40 degrees if need be.
Cross at Mannum on the downstream ferry which is the big one for semi's etc.
Take your time & be careful of your approach & exit. The Ferry operators are an understanding bunch.
I'm not going to repeat but maybe you want to listen to T1?
If so, go from Mannum up thru Sedan to the Sturt Hwy & then follow the traffic ........
Not sure how Terry gets to Euston by going thru Pinnaroo though.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

BruceS wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:29 pm Not sure why it won't fit on a ferry Vik. Hit it at 30-40 degrees if need be.
Cross at Mannum on the downstream ferry which is the big one for semi's etc.
Take your time & be careful of your approach & exit. The Ferry operators are an understanding bunch.
I'm not going to repeat but maybe you want to listen to T1?
If so, go from Mannum up thru Sedan to the Sturt Hwy & then follow the traffic ........
Not sure how Terry gets to Euston by going thru Pinnaroo though.
Well that sounds alright, no scrapin me arse on the ferry then

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mannum, ... 584785!3e0

onya Bruceie...!!!

vik... :mrgreen:

Then go this way ya reckon...??? via the hill...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sedan,+ ... 539135!3e0

edit... :oops:
Last edited by Vik351 on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Just go Vik and no you can't hitch a ride back because I fart and knowing how prim and proper you are I wouldn't want you to be offended or embarrassed but have a good trip :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:54 pm Just go Vik and no you can't hitch a ride back because I fart and knowing how prim and proper you are I wouldn't want you to be offended or embarrassed but have a good trip :lol:
Nah, leavin the prim and proper one home...!!!

Ya want a contest, gimmie a Farmers Union Ice Coffee and your lungs would be rooted...!!! ;)

Thats why the new humpy wont need LPG...!!! :oops:

vik...
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Vik,

We did Wentworth >>Broken Hill >> Port Augusta in April in the bus. It's a good road to drive.