The new (to us) caravan .

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
BernieQ2

Re: The new (to us) caravan .

Post by BernieQ2 »

Two answers Ray they aren't child proof locks ...it's to keep me out :lol:
The other we don't use a microwave , even at home . And that's the height it was from new ...even tho we bought it second hand .
Bernie .
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

BernieQ wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:13 pm Two answers Ray they aren't child proof locks ...it's to keep me out :lol:
The other we don't use a microwave , even at home . And that's the height it was from new ...even tho we bought it second hand .
Bernie .
Haven't worked out how to open them yet, Bernie? :lol:

And re the m/wave: saw a m/h at the Melb Caravan & Camping show some years back... with the m/wave mounted against the ceiling!! :? :shock:
Asked the salesman if there was a turntable inside.
He: "Sorry, I can't see it."
Me: "Then how do you expect a person of my height or smaller to use it? I can't see it either."
He: "Hmmm. I see your point."
:roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Another very nice quilt Ray,they are made by talented, patient ladies, to date I have never had the time to learn the art, far to busy.
Shirley & Bruce.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Shirley wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:32 pm Another very nice quilt Ray,they are made by talented, patient ladies, to date I have never had the time to learn the art, far to busy.
"tanks" here---Shirley,
Quilting making is something you of a night time when listening to the ABC serial on the radio or wireless [When a girl married ?] after the kids were put to bed.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Keith I don't know if I would have the patience to sit & cut out the designs then sew them all together then actually make the quilt, maybe one day I'll try a cushion :D at the moment I'm far to busy with 4 g'sons 5 - 11 in age living two doors away never a dull moment & of course my bowls. :lol: :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Shirley,
The quilt took Joy 18 months, and was her first effort, learning as she went, with guidance from an experienced friend.
The bottom three panel designs were taken from a quilt pattern book. Then she reckoned they were too simple, so got out our Field Guide to Australian Birds. I scanned & enlarged half a dozen pics which she simplified and selected appropriate materials. Entirely hand-stitched.
Friend reckoned it was good enough to enter in the local show. She won over a lady who had taken Show Champion for the past 10+ years! 😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Congratulations to Joy, certainly looked a beautiful quilt, I have often admired quilts & realise just how much time goes into some of the more intricate designs, I have friends who make them on machines, making one all by hand would of been so time consuming, there are several local places where you can learn the art, maybe one day. :D
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Shirley wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:43 pm I have friends who make them on machines, making one all by hand would of been so time consuming, there are several local places where you can learn the art, maybe one day. :D
Too right on that score, Shirley!
Especially considering every piece of each of the nine unique panels was a different shape, hand-cut. Even the 'signature tree' she put in every one was four different sizes, each made of five pieces, each piece sewn on separately.
Some of the birds consisted of up to 20 unique pieces. The Kookaburra's fence was hell: had to get perspective & rail thicknesses right. Did it on the fourth try. Some parts of other panels had to be re-cut several times before she was happy.
Applique is much more time-consuming than patchwork, which can be machine-sewn, as patchwork pieces are generally of uniform size, with maybe 4~6 different shapes to make each panel. And, of course, mostly the panels are identical.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Ray, Joy's quilt certainly looks awesome, I can see how she has spent the time getting the birds looking just right & like the way she has done the leaves with the follow thru on the white background, she would of deserved the first place that she won.
A real work of art.👍
Shirley & Bruce.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Wow yes ok thanks for that 🤗
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini