Which one Diesel heater

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Coolabah1au

Which one Diesel heater

Post by Coolabah1au »

Uv paint [emoji439]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wayneP

Re: Which one Diesel heater

Post by wayneP »

Dot and George, My 5 cents worth !!!!!
As per all the other replies, very easy to install. We purchased a Eberspacher 5K D4 many years ago before the copies became available (3 grand for memory).
Now you can buy them for a few hundred bucks with all the pipes etc, which I have brought and installed a second heater at the back of our 11mts bus.
WHY????
2 reasons (Besides being cheap) I wanted a separate heat source at the back,which has a different power supply and has been plumbed so there is a outlet in the bedroom and a outlet in the bathroom :mrgreen:
The front heater has been fantastic but only really heats the front half when it's very cold.
It is plumbed into the very front of the bus and has 3 outlets which can be closed or redirected as required. Fuel is supplied from the main tank.
The back at the moment uses the 15l tank supplied but am looking at main tanks etc.
Have not been on major trips as (you know why) but have found it very nice to step out of shower to warm air and to have dry towels.
As for the pump noise (tic tic tic) the front is barely audible even when first running hard at start up, but the back is ok after it has settled to the required temp, even with rubber mounts.
Have only replaced the glow pin once because yours truly %$&^ up it's removal when replacing the glow pin screen. But parts are easily sourced now !!
The exhausts: front just before right front wheel, back behind right back wheel because any windows that are cracked open are on the left hand side under there respective awnings.
Hope some of this may help someone!!!
This person will give you great info:::
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwmU_C ... t6H1ZFSFks
Wayne
Driver/Maintenance Boy :D
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

wayneP wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:20 pm This person will give you great info:::
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwmU_C ... t6H1ZFSFks
I'd like to endorse Wayne's suggested YouTube playlist.
I haven't watched all of them but at different stages my neighbour would send a link to one episode covering what we planned to do the next day. I couldn't fault them.
Very well done.
Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Hey Dot if you do buy one and need a hand just call. Leaving on the 10th and gone for a month, but if here no problems cheers.
Peter and Sandra

Post by Peter and Sandra »

To stop the fuel pumps ticking I used a large cable tie which is about 14mm wide and 2 mm thick, put a tek screw through it into the surface of whatever you are mounting the pump on and then pull it down to about a 75mm circle. Use two smaller cable ties to attach the pump to it on the outer side away from the floor or whatever you are mounting it to. The pump is then suspended in mid air and will be totally silent.
Oka 4WD camper/motorhome, 1100w solar, 400ah lithium, diesel heating, HWS and cooking
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Peter sounds good any chance of a photo cheers.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, lots to look into. (for the old boy)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Dot, order the one that Jim mentioned, it"s only on special at $180 for 2 more days.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Newcastle George wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:43 am Dot, order the one that Jim mentioned, it"s only on special at $180 for 2 more days.

George
"tanks" here---Dot,
Order 2 at that price; one for the front area and one for the bedroom area.
Why not order 3 and have one as a spare.
I am thinking of getting one to heat the lounge room of the house. Consider the cost of electricity with running the reverse cycle aircon, against the cost of diesel.
It will operate on a small 7A/H, 12 volt battery.
Has any other forum member set up a 12 volt diesel heater for their house/room heating
Keith
Tanks get hold of Bob in Mildura, he has one in his place and it works very well indeed Actually it works too well :lol:

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Peter and Sandra wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:47 pm To stop the fuel pumps ticking I used a large cable tie which is about 14mm wide and 2 mm thick, put a tek screw through it into the surface of whatever you are mounting the pump on and then pull it down to about a 75mm circle. Use two smaller cable ties to attach the pump to it on the outer side away from the floor or whatever you are mounting it to. The pump is then suspended in mid air and will be totally silent.
Somebody has to say it, so I will.
That's damned clever.
It is now on my list.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it