Happy Birthday George (Ncstle)

supersparky

Re: Happy Birthday George (Ncstle)

Post by supersparky »

Belated Happy Birthday George. :D
I was out of reception for most of yesty. We hope that you had a top day. :D Hope Julie spoilt you.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Oops,.... we missed your birthday as well, :o happy birthday George and we hope you had a good one.....Peter and Rita :)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Happy Birthday George, it might be a day late but it at leasts spreads the cheer over a few days eh :lol:
An old broom salesman who regularly visited oir workshop gave me a cleaner recipe for gall stones and kidney stones that he says saved his life .... he was in his 80's at the time and went from looking like he really was at deaths door to bright eyed and full of vitality.
1 ltr of fresh crushed apple juice every day for 7 days and a schooner glass of water with a tablespoon of Epsom salts in the evening on the 7th day ..... he reckoned it was a bit like "Pico-prep" (a well known substance used in preparation for the butt camera work) but rather than having to suffer all day with the results, the action takes place within 20 mins with the familiar feeling of "future food" being passed towards the end of the process :lol:

T1 Terry & Margaret
EDIT: Auto correct is being a real pain in the rectum at the moment, so many edits to fix it's strange interpretation of what I typed required
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Auto correct! Don't get me started on that one!!!
A couple of boats down from me are a 'strange' couple. (A little like D&G actually!)
Every time Sam (the male) opens his mouth to say something, the little "auto correct" has to finish the sentence .......... in fact finish the complete topic in question.
I think I fixed her the other day.
Sam & I started a little chat out the front & withing 10 seconds she appeared. I waited till she was just within earshot & said "Don't tell anyone what I said!"
Poor bugger! I bet he's still trying to wriggle out of that one!

Ray what is the TRUE way that advice & advise should be used?
I notice almost every where I look know it seems to be accepted to use advise.
"I'm after some advise on ......."
or
"I'm after advise on what is best ....."
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I'll give it a go, see how close I am :lol: Advise is the act of giving advice, The advice given, they advised the following ..... clear as mud eh :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Advice is the noun, advise the verb, Simple.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Newcastle George

I spent the day, 7:30am - 2:50pm, at the hospital, 5 hours before I saw a doctor. No kidney problems, it appears that the covid jab caused some muscle problems which are slowly subsiding, hopefully.

George
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:43 pm I spent the day, 7:30am - 2:50pm, at the hospital, 5 hours before I saw a doctor. No kidney problems, it appears that the covid jab caused some muscle problems which are slowly subsiding, hopefully.

George
Muscle strain from them holding you down George ;) :lol:
Quite a few yrs back, attended the Shellharbour Emergency Dept believing I was having a heart attack, the chest pains were so severe ... The wiggly line machine said all was well so when I thought back on what had happened in the days prior, remembered an incident holding my german shepherd back while he lunged on his back legs trying to tear a drop kick to shreds when he tried to crash a teenager party in our back yard ........

T1 Terry
Newcastle George

Terry, I had done nothing physically strenuous in the week prior to or following the jab.

George
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Well, accept for this maybe .....
Newcastle George wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:07 pm Dot, I walked around the house roof with blower/vac removing leaves etc from gutters yesterday.

George
...... just because it was an effortless exercise 10 yrs ago and not too bad 5 yrs ago, it doesn't take a lot to do minor damage and muscle strain once the body passes the full marathon fitness level ;)

T1 Terry