Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Greynomad »

Watching Kyrgios playing a wildcard Pom.
So far the Pom seems to have Kyrgios’ measure.
Nick is having to fight for every point, and so far he hasn’t won enough of them. 😳
A set each and 2 all in the third.

Last night we recorded 1.1*, and the forecast for tonight is -1*… 😳 with a max tomorrow of just 11*!
🥶
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

It's cold down there too huh Dot? Right now it's meant to be 8degrees, but I really don't think it feels that high. bbbrrr. Stay warm mate xxxx

I know it's winter, but this is not like our usual mild winters. Today it was so cold that even the wind had icicles flying through the air, when it wasn't raining. Not my happiest weather forecast.
I finally wandered down to my shed and decided that the plate/bowl is looking better, but it needs some more colourful squiggles on top. I am in no hurry to finish this piece, as I don't have the big kiln working yet. I added some squiggles and put the piece back in for another fuse firing. Then I spent a long time in the freezing shed, just cleaning up some more empty wine bottles. They will be needed, if and when, I get the kiln fixed. I don't want to start any new projects. I have too much already made and have to sell some, soon. Roll on Lightning Ridge opal festival.

sleep tight vegemites xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:36 pm Watching Kyrgios playing a wildcard Pom.
So far the Pom seems to have Kyrgios’ measure.
Nick is having to fight for every point, and so far he hasn’t won enough of them. 😳
A set each and 2 all in the third.

Last night we recorded 1.1*, and the forecast for tonight is -1*… 😳 with a max tomorrow of just 11*!
🥶
"tanks" here---Ray,
And I complain because the temp went down to 14 c in the house last night.
At 6:30am the temp is now 18,2c with the r/c aircon running to warm up the lounge rom while n I watch the TV news and wait for Mr Major to appear for his morning pats.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Good night all, been another cold day, early to bed, we have friendship day on at bowls tomorrow, members invite a bowler from another club & pay for them to play, they also are provided with morning tea & lunch, we have a raffle & 100 club all money raised goes to our charity for this year, "Care for Kids "a local charity which cares for underprivileged kids in our region.
Very cold day is predicted, hopefully no rain, rain is suppose to start on Friday.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I will not watch that filthy spoilt self obsessed thing known as Nick the twit, spitting to me is far worse than any language, he should be banned, especially with covid and other airborne diseases spread by droplets wet or dry. Filthy human being make that sub human. Time for the Williams girls to quit before they are embarrassed. Bring on the boys on bikes. Off to Mt Barker tomorrow to see the hand man :roll: Wish this cold weather would take a break. Brian went outside today for roughly 15 minutes :lol: :lol: smart cat. Spring bulbs are up and flowering.Sounds a good idea Shirley, hope you raise some good money. I am off to the shower and a nice warm cuppa with no taste. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight RossP x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, agree with you on the spitting, should be banished from all sports and especially tennis. No need for this disgusting behaviour. Brian is a smart cat xxxx

Shirley, what a lovely idea. If you get short of raffle or auction prizes give me a yell. I happily donate jewellery or plates to local charity events.

Today I found out just how crazy the world is becoming. We have a couple of joint accounts that started off as where our salaries had to be put, so they were mainly in our own names. As the years have gone on, we have equal use of all of our accounts. So today, I rang the bank to get a gadget for him to have internet access on our accounts. The one for my account works but his has stopped working. The twit on the phone demanded several weird things and the final straw was when she aske for information on nay of our most recent transactions. His nibs suggested the tyres that we put on my car. Well twit almost yelled at me that I had to answer the questions with no help from him. After about half an hour of this crap, she declined to give me the internet gizmo, because the joint account is mainly in his name. It really started to get weird then. He got on the phone and I had to remain quiet...pencil and paper in hand to give him the answers. He finally gave her all the ridiculous answers to her questions and really, the only way for us to answer some of the crap was to turn the computer on and have the banks accounts right in front of us. The reality was that even with a joint account, as far as the bank is concerned, each account is separate and we can't ask questions about the other account. Stupidly, if I log into the bank with my account number, it gives me all the info about both accounts and I can move money between any account and ours to anywhere in the world.
283278319_5214691195276175_8640986653326526384_n.jpg
After that debacle, the day seemed just weird.

I went to my shed and found the piece of glass is looking good, so tonight, it's being slumped into a bowl mold and hopefully it will done tomorrow.
I then cleaned off labels of the rest of the donated, empty wine bottles. I can tell you all, that the hardest labels to remove are on yellow tail wines. Obviously some of our neighbours will drink anything and there were a lot of yellow tail. I reckon the wine itself would dissolve the labels better than the eucalyptus that I was using. :lol:

Time for that warm bed,
nighty night xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah

RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Deborah do you use the old bi carb trick to remove labels. Cheers Robert
Dot

Post by Dot »

Long day so off to bed very soon. Saw our friend from Walker flat helping with funeral arrangements for his old M8 and neighbour who died yesterday in a car crash, so sad to see people you know so distressed. OK saw hand surgeon and he is going to do my "trigger thumb" so it will be in a week or so. Gunna have a local so I can watch :D Then off to Aldi for meat and vegs and then home. Tomorrow it's back to the city for my dental check up then back to Mt Barker for our hair cuts busy day again. Hope your kiln did you proud Deborah. Tanks sounds like you did a good deal with your insurance, think it is time for us to do a hunt around as well. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Keevo and happy birthday x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---Yes Dot.
In the past 12 months I have only driven 2,100 km and that included 3 return trips to Mackay, so I have elected the 3,000km bracket of the "drive less - pay less" deduction of the new Woolworths insurance policy. There are several brackets to choose, with a slight increase in the policy cost with each increase in the km selected. The 3,000km bracket was the lowest with the next higher bracket being 5,000 km etc.

NRMA did not that that option; nor any other quote that I received. The reduction of a few thou $$$ in the "fixed value" of the MG did not concern me as I do not intend to have an accident that will make it necessary to replace the car.
I can't get into a lot of trouble driving the 1.5 km to the chemist and back once a month , and the other trips to the IG & A Supermarket when Coles delivery is not convenient, or an occasional visit to the GP's office. If any Forum members are in the same situation as I, then it may pay them to consider the "Drive less - Pay less" option that is available; or at least obtain a quote and see if there is any financial benefit.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, you are either brave or a sadist, I can't figure which. Feel free to watch any of your own surgeries, as long as I don't have to watch mine! xxxx

Robert, I don't have any luck with bicarb. I just soak the bottles in a bin of water that has a slosh of eucalyptus in it. Mostly they peel off fairly easily on the next day. It's just the damned yellow tail bottles, they are hard work. If I leave the labels on, they will burn off in the kiln, but the various glues may leave a black residue and stink up the kiln. The risk isn't worth taking.

Today, I am happy with the finally finished bowl and made another one to start the fusing process tonight.

A lot of time was spent watching a handyman do the installation of our tenants window awning. He did a great job and now that we have used him for this job, I am hoping his lordship will let me call him again for other jobs. Being very good with chalk, is no guarantee of being good at carpentry or mechanics.

sweet dreams out there xxx
Deborah