The Winnebago roof.

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Vik351

Re: The Winnebago roof.

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:41 pm They are still attacking all the sealant stuff at the roof joins, beak marks all over it and pieces actually torn out exposing the joins to the fibreglass end panels. I glued it back up for the new owners, but the cockatoos will just rip it up again.

Not the best constructed or electrically wired new motorhome I've ever seen ... but not the worst either, one nearly three times the price gets that award .....

T1 Terry
What the ...??? again ... :o

musta spilt bird seed under the rubber ...!!!

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

It's the rubber/silicon in the compound they love, same with tv cables, exposed solar cables and I've even seen the results of irrigation wiring being vandalised by these buggers of birds ..... actually, even the windscreen rubbers on some cars many yrs back when they were trialling a different compound in an attempt to reduce the rubber splitting and shrinking causing windscreen leaks, they then went on to vulcanising the windscreen to the vehicle and it later became a structural member of the vehicle ... From memory it was around the Holden HQ era they started vulcanising the windscreen, so it must have been prior to that ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

NZ’s Kea birds are notorious for ripping out the windscreen rubber on cars. Especially those on hire cars driven by tourists.
Also window trims, radio aerials, shiny bits…
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

That T-Rex stuff arrived with the mail yesterday...weather doesn't give me confidence just yet :evil:
Bernie.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

BernieQ2 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:06 am That T-Rex stuff arrived with the mail yesterday...weather doesn't give me confidence just yet :evil:
Bernie.
That stuff is amazing, sticks underwater, is tacky enough to hold stuff in place while it cures, there is version that holds even better while drying, but don't get it anywhere you don't want it and wear throw away gloves, it's not that it attacks the skin, but it attaches and just won't let go, get it up the arms etc and it makes waxing look like an wannabe product ..... all the hair and a lay of skin comes off when you try to remove it :o

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO