Grain or no grain

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Grain or no grain

Post by Greynomad »

8EFBC503-A8ED-47C0-BB95-628D748380EE.jpeg
One of these is Woolies Wholemeal, the other is Woolies Grain bread.
Pick which one is the Grain Bread…

For comparison, this is Aldi Grain Bread:
AE54CE27-E683-4F72-AE49-A01E65DF11B5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Grain or no grain

Post by T1 Terry »

I think the one on the left is the grain bread, it looks like very small bits of grain in there. You would need more than one slice of either to make a whole meal ......
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Terry you shouldn't complain, try eating gluten free bread cost $6-$8 for about half a loaf of normal bread & most of it you have to toast to make it eatable, Tip Top have produced a white & a wholemeal loaf that you can actually make a sandwich out of it, fresh bread is the thing that I miss the most since being diagnosed with Celiac disease.
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Ray, the clowns in the bakery at Woolies must have put the bread in the wrong bag. I have been buying Woolies grain bread for a few years now and have never seen such a pitiful example of supposed grain bread. Looks like sandwich white to me. Take it back.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

One of my first jobs after school was working in a bakery that catered to the low $$ buyer. All the dough was mixed as the same base product, a slightly different crush board that rolled the dough into a slightly fatter bit and in the steamer for 2 cycles made a standard loaf into a hightop loaf, a few handfuls (and I do mean hands used for the measuring) of cocoa powder to make brown bread, crushed grain to make wholemeal and handfuls of whole grain to make the .... you guessed it, the wholemeal into whole grain bread .... at a premium price of course :roll:
One of the apprentice bakers stuffed up the highloaf count and we had to figure out how to slice and wrap 2,000 loaves of hightop bread .... needless to say, he didn't work there the next evening/early morning ...... We ended up turning the loaf tins upside down when the came out of the oven and stacking them one on top of the other to crush the loaf back into the standard square tin shape :lol: It was a real challenge getting the loaf out of the tin once it cooled, but the paper wrap covered a multitude of evil :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Try the Bakers delight grain breads, more expensive but worth it. We mostly have Low carb hi GI.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

20221001_172053.jpg
The top one is a pic of the grain bread from my local Woolies. So is the bottom one. I think Ray got ripped off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
The slice on the left is wholemeal; “grain” bread on the right.
Even SWMBO got them wrong at breakfast this morning!
She prefers wholemeal, I’m the grain bread one.
I nearly ended up with the wholemeal, had to point out her confusion.
Only bought the Woolies grain stuff because we were low on stocks and next scheduled trip to Wangaratta Aldi was a week away.
In future, we’ll manage the bread stocks a bit better… 🤞
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields