Good and Bad Plants for pets

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
Dot

Good and Bad Plants for pets

Post by Dot »

plants good and bad for pets.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Re: Good and Bad Plants for pets

Post by supersparky »

Thanks Dot. Hope I never need to use that list though. :D
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I see dandelions are listed in the poisonous plants list, yet dandelion tea is a well known herbal "piss potion" for those who suffer water retention ...... I see mother in laws tongue is in the toxic list, all 5 of mine have been great and really only lashed out at the daughter :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:50 am ......... I see mother in laws tongue is in the toxic list, all 5 of mine have been great and really only lashed out at the daughter :lol:

T1 Terry
Gee T1, you're lucky. My first one was a FoB. If I spelled it out, I'd get a letter.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:33 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:50 am ......... I see mother in laws tongue is in the toxic list, all 5 of mine have been great and really only lashed out at the daughter :lol:

T1 Terry
Gee T1, you're lucky. My first one was a FoB. If I spelled it out, I'd get a letter.
Well, the last one hasn't said much at all, but she is in an ashes container on a shelf in Big Bus so that might be part of it ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dot,
When we visited the Macadamia Farm in Bundaberg they had a notice in the carpark that Macadamia nuts are toxic to dogs, and not to bring them into the orchard which surrounds the shop.
Some nuts fall from the trees before harvest and we did see some on the ground.
So SWMBO had to sit in the carpark with Kelly & Megs while I went shopping — unsuperviseddangerous!! :P
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Greynomad wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:06 pm Dot,
When we visited the Macadamia Farm in Bundaberg they had a notice in the carpark that Macadamia nuts are toxic to dogs, and not to bring them into the orchard which surrounds the shop.
Some nuts fall from the trees before harvest and we did see some on the ground.
So SWMBO had to sit in the carpark with Kelly & Megs while I went shopping — unsuperviseddangerous!! :P
RAY,
perhaps they don't want 200 dogs peeing on their trees every day while the dogs owners eat Macadamia Nut Ice Creams.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Ray we had a huge macadamia nut tree in our backyard, Tom our cross bull terrier use to eat the fallen nuts, crack them open with his teeth, Bruce several times over the years had to remove pieces of the shell from his teeth & when the kids were cracking them open in the vice, he would sit at their feet for his share, we didn’t know that the nuts were toxic to him, he also loved grapes, when he was about 10 we had to have him put down with kidney failure, the vet told there was nothing he could do for him, we always wondered if the nuts caused his kidneys to fail.

My sister use to live at Bauple, QLD & brought the Bauple nut tree down to us growing in a jam tin.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

poison plants for cats.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.