Big Rig

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Riverlander

Big Rig

Post by Riverlander »

This rig is in the Riverland at the moment. Photo from Morgan caravan park. No overweight problems with it.
343461430_902944134113872_5976712980360011600_n.jpg
Cheers John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wayno

Re: Big Rig

Post by wayno »

Serious Vanning I reckon
Enjoying living in Central Victoria.

As far as away from dirty Dan as possible. ;)
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Saw something similar at Moore Park Beach CP:
IMG_3460.jpeg
It's a Scania. Looks like the chassis was extended.
The caravan just visible behind looks like a 28-footer, with annexe. :shock:
I wonder how they get the tinnie down… built-in crane, perhaps?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Back when I was living in the Illawarra, pre Margaret days around '98, had a couple turn up in a W series Kenworth towing a full length triaxle trailer that was fully converted into a very large 5'er. Their major complaint was they were not allowed in any caravan parks because the rig looked so heavy, even though it only sported a 4 cyl GM and weighed in only a tad over the car licence requirements. They told the story of attempting to drop the prime weight enough to qualify for under the 4.5 tonne class and being told they were just asking to be pulled over the pit at every inspection station they passed, simply because no inspector would believe a Kenworth could weigh less than 4.5 tonne :lol:
They wanted to know if it was possible to fit enough solar and batteries for them to remain fully independent ..... this was one of the things that set me on the path of experimenting with lithium batteries as house batteries in an RV, that and wanting the same thing for the Big Bus.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO