Prime Campers from SA

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
wayno

Re: Prime Campers from SA

Post by wayno »

Hi Peter, Hope you are keeping well.

Yep, my thinking as well when I started looking around. After looking at all the brands and models that best suit me, I came to understand that there are degrees of origin. Nothing in the range and type is 100% Australian these days, even they might say so.
pet-els wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:10 am Wayne is it Australian made or a Chinese flat pack import?

PeterH
The most significant difference I see is the chassis, if Chinese they are a lot heavier than you would think for the size of the van. Means they use a lot of iron in the alloy, probably a tad more lead as well. A hit with a hammer and punch will show this quickly.
I think this rig is about 60/40, mostly here, but some from there. I am comfortable with that as I have a friend who is a repairer and told me he has replaced bearings, axles, springs and shockers on high end vans with Chinese components.
I guess it's a bit like getting your car serviced at the dealership, the only thing for certain is that you will pay for it, regardless of what they did not do.

Cheers

Wayne
Enjoying living in Central Victoria.

As far as away from dirty Dan as possible. ;)
pet-els

Re: Prime Campers from SA

Post by pet-els »

Thanks Wayne.

PeterH
PeterH