Medical Technical thingo

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Dot

Medical Technical thingo

Post by Dot »

I have a friend with many medical problems and a lot of them are life threatening, she told me she has been back to hosp
and the staff didn't know a few things about what her conditions were. I asked if there was any way she could have all her info on a disk or something and she replied .======

Dot, I have it all on a QR code on my watch. When they scan it, it also alerts my emergency contacts. They can then see every medical condition, allergy, medication I’m on, personal information etc on their own device.
=======================================================================

Iam not at all techno savy but to think everything about is inside your watch. :o Too late for me now though. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Re: Medical Technical thingo

Post by supersparky »

The neighbour has something like that. He has a wristband that identifies him as diabetic and he has an implant that checks his blood sugar and heart rate. It connects to an app on his phone, which also shows his history. Only thing it doesn't do is check his blood pressure.
It's amazing what medical science has come up with.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.