Price of fuel?

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!

Has the price of fuel slowed down your travels?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:34 pm

Are you petrol?
10%
Are you diesel?
50%
Have you cancelled your travel / trip?
5%
Nothing will stop me!
35%

Total votes: 20

supersparky

Re: Price of fuel?

Post by supersparky »

Couldn't help myself today. As we headed of earlier, we passed two of the most expensive servos on the GC. They used to be our local go to's, but no longer. Today they are both selling unleaded 91 for 237.9, which is about 50c/litre more than the going rate anywhere else on the GC.
Low and behold, big story on tonight's news about upcoming fuel price increases.
So, if you haven't already, fill everything up while you still can afford it.
Our regular servo is still 187.9 before our 4c/litre loyalty discount.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I managed to get unleaded 91 for $2.12 this morning but there were servos around at $2.32.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Where I live, we can get unleaded for less than $2 and diesel around $2.03, we've had price wars here for years but the rest of Tas fuel prices are well over $2. Most people I know use this site and having just checked it, unleaded is available for $1.87 and diesel $1.95, but that's only at one or two places.

https://petrolspy.com.au/map/latlng/-42 ... 9017793368

Luckily my vehicles run on veggie and wild raddish oil, so it costs me virtually nothing to travel and the raddish is easily collected from, along the roads. Especially after they've mowed the road sides, just stop load the cut raddish into the trailer take it home crush filter and off you go.