Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Shirley

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Shirley »

Goodnight Dot & good morning, been busy, the trees that were hanging over our house are all gone, the lopper told us that a branch that was already hanging over our roof had pierced thru a tile, fortunately our youngest son was here & was able to replace the tile with one of the extra newly painted tiles that our roof renovation young fellow had painted just in case we had another breakage, all good now, Brad also cleared the leaves from the valleys & gutters then hosed it all down. :D I was left to clean up all the rubbish on the ground, filled two skip bins & the roof was renovated in December, it’s so good that the trees are gone.
IMG_0247.jpeg
We were always worried about this one too, would certainly have hit our house if it had come down in a storm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Quite a few tall old gum tees like that came down in the storm we had on Christmas night. And a lot of smaller trees too. Lots of damage to cars and houses. I bet you feel a lot safer now, Shirley. I know I would be.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Yes David it was always a worry in windy weather, we had several smaller branches come down.

Thru summer every fortnight our green bin would be full of leaves, sometimes I would borrow a holiday house bin, its been an ongoing nightmare for over 20years.
Shirley & Bruce.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, too hot, too exhausted again? xxxx

Shirley, you must be feeling huge relief with those gums gone. The storms and huge winds that seem to have chased us all summer would have given you so much stress. Is your view improved too?

Today was a load up the business day. It's all in the beast and starting to get ready for our next escape. We are headed off to Glen Innes for Minerama festival and then Armidale for the following weekend.
I didn't get the chance to do any more kiln work. While doing a great job mowing, his lordship managed to send a stone flying. It shattered my shed glass door panel. After a long chat with the insurance people, they have promised it will be repaired before Tuesday. Instead of kiln work, my shed time was spent moving a lot of shelves away from the door and cleaning the area. It was a big job. I then started on the removing things from power points and clearing the benches etc. Once the door panel is repaired, the door will get locked and left for a few weeks.

The door panel has done a great job shattering into a million shards and it's still in place on the door. I will ask to keep the glass and have a go at experimenting with it in the kiln. I have seen some very interesting pieces made with shattered glass, something to look forward to when we return.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Shirley we know what you are saying re gum leaves, but next doors trees are filtrating under out pavers so a council visit will be upcoming. Had AJ's tiler call in to look at some tiles because they are "crunching under foot) he frightened the hell out of us because some of the tiles are getting ready to "explode" Apparently the soil movement places pressure on the tiles and if not fixed the tiles push against each other and they can just explode up. He found quite a few needing attention so we are to avoid the bomb zone till he gets to fix them. Well the AJ saga continues, the post hole digger didn't turn up and not even a phone call Business people my fat bum. Watched the athletics earlier but now I am now watching the BOYS ON BIKES Strade "Bianche Mens 2024." :lol: :twisted: and it is pouring down so some falls may be in
order. Grass got mowed today and the last of our apples have been cooked up and frozen, next will be the pears, I am going to grab my pussy and hit the sack to watch the boys. Stay safe on the roads and all the sickies hope you are feeling better. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bernie x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

The tree removal didn’t affect our view as they were all alongside the eastern side of our house & we look north up the lake, it did make our rooms lighter & sunnier. Our eldest son lives the other side of tree removal house, it has improved his view up the lake 100%, he now has an awesome view, needless to say he is very happy with the outcome.👌
Dot, there are 12 palm trees still growing alongside our house in the so called cottage garden that the previous owner planted, they are starting to crack the floors in our garages :oops: they only drop frond’s occasionally but when they drop the seeds, more palm trees start growing, reckon I have pulled 100s out over the years.

Travel safely & enjoy your time away at the festivals Deborah, wishing you good sales, hope everyone arrives with plenty of $$s to spend, your jewellery certainly is unique.

I’m with you Bernie, not a fan of pizza, I have to have GF crust & I’m in tolerant to cheese, shouldn’t eat it at all.
Shirley & Bruce.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Hope the bums on bikes are keeping you entertained Dot. xxxx

So next campaign will be to get rid of the palm trees then Shirley. You know what our council are like and you can almost bet that the variety of palms are not allowed to be cut. I don't know why anyone would plant palms to watch them disappear up into the clouds and leave such messy branches when they drop.

I had to chase up the glazier as nobody had contacted us within the three hours the insurance company suggested. Glazier said they had no idea about our claim. Rang insurance and she was right on to it. Her first suggestion was that if they had no glass, to expect timber until glass arrives. I took a deep breath and said that it will be glass or they will find another contractor. Not leaving home with wooden covers on my shed. A very short time later, I had a lovely young man come to replace the glass. He was very interested in my shed and all the toys. After he did a great job with the door, I showed him a few of my fancy cutters and running pliers and let him have a play. I think he will be hitting his boss up for some extra tools soon. :lol:

Back to caravan jobs. Took all of the crockery upstairs, soaked in bleach then run through the dishwasher. I had noticed some of the plates had a sort of griminess on the underneath. They are all sparkly now and back in place. That's one thing that we haven't done in over 15 years, so it was probably time. I did a few more sorting and stacking things and that's enough for today. All that's left now is the clothes and fridge foods. Looking forward to getting back on the road again.

night all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

Deborah, love the blob you made. Went to AJ's to look at her kitchen which is finally finished, and her bathroom is as well. Next assignment is the new loungeroom and outside area but it's getting there. She rang the man that was to do her post hole digging and gave him a serve and as expected has not heard from him. Her front yard looks like it has measles as she used a red spray paint to mark where she wanted the holes. For tea tonight I had a big bowl of custard and stewed apples. Yummo. Got a big bag of plumbs from the neighbours today. Going to go and have a peep at Beaumonts tomorrow to see how cheap I can do the bathrooms and kitchen. The pumpkins seeds AJ gave me have taken off like ferals, AJ's are a piddly few inches and mine are over 1 mt and shooting ahead. Waiting for the BOB to start so off to bed for me and Brian so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Tanks x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Well another crappy day. My Claytons daughter did as she said she would. Looked at Brians x/r and even asked her boss's opinion which as I sort of expected. Seems the culprit is cancer so G and myself agreed that we let Brian just do his thing but as soon as he displays any pain, loss or appetite then we shall do the right thing. I love animals but there will be no more after Brian. I will be making an appointment for Brian for a "check up" and I also will be shoving the report into their smug faces. So disappointed with their attitude and lack of empathy. Anyway my afternoon was spent on the ph, booked a company to come and give a quote for really cleaning and sealing the pavers (concrete) all 360 odd mts, booked my boob squeeze, bought a bag of insulation (for AJ to pick up) Booked a post hole digger (for AJ) .and did one load of washing (or the machine did) Heading to Victor harbor tomorrow, G to see his daughter ) and I will do the op shops and might even have a look in the real estate offices or just sit on the sand and smell the ocean, Take car one and all. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Riverlander x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, did you plant the feral pumpkins near your aviary? The ground around that will have lots of avian fertilisers added. In our first house, we planted a lime and a lemon tree near our budgies cages and they both took off like Flynn. Think you have the right attitude to Brians treatment too Dot. It's the hardest part of having a pet, but remember that you have given him a lot of love and special treatment. He has been lucky to be your pet. Glad you liked the blob, it's certainly different. xxxx

These make great vases for single roses and/or pen holders or just curiosities.
IMG_4499 - Copy.JPG
Life in the lair is going on. Caravan is now fully packed and ready for an early morning take off. Just going up and down the stairs so many times, has exhausted us. We pulled off the only ripe dragon fruit to take with us, not leaving it for possum. With an invasion of stink bugs this summer, we have hardly had any lemons or limes. All the dahlias needed dead heading and a bit of chopping down a humungous zig zag plant was enough to keep us busy for the afternoon.

night all xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah