Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Dot »

jamies burger.jpg
Just got this from an old forum member Jamie, he was ready to die a few mths ago but after more and more tests they have revised hie time and diagnosis. He had made plans to go to visit his brother in the States before he snuffed it but now he is visiting with a new lease on his life. He sent me this pic of his burger (mongrel he knows how much I really want one.) Excellent news for him and his wife Glori. Said he went to Walmart but didn't see any of the usual shoppers (not benefit day) :lol: Today G and I had a go at putting that sun film on the bus door window but it kept falling off so we gave up, what did we do wrong? followed instructions as told. Did a bit of window washing and the bedroom walls, amazing how grubby things get. Put some bleach into the grey water tank and fresh water then drained it out nice and clean, one more flush before we fill up again just before we head off in May. Heading out tomorrow to suss out a couple of markets around the area then back to the bus prep. BOB start again this Sunday woo hoo and the good ones are racing this time . My pumpins are going great guns, lots of little ones developing and better than AJ's. Heading for 30degs tomorrow. Hope you are better now Robert n Bob. You have had a bad year for pneumonia and back pain. Bed time for me and Brian. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight and welcome home David & Terrie x :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Amazing how a new diagnosis can change anyone's world, hey Dot? An email diagnosis for Brian still not forth coming? xxxx

After most of the day was taken with a deep cleaning of the lair, due to the pending invasion by my sister, not a lot to tell.

When I eventually went to my shed, the kiln content was not what I expected. A bowl that was meant to be a bowl, didn't really drop much into the mold, so it looks more like a saucer. Some extra thoughts will go into that one. The cheese plate looked ok, until I took it off the mold and found that at each end, the handles are very different sizes. A little bit of fiddling to make the mold more even and it's back in tonight. Along with it are the earring stand thingy and a plate that was injured last show. It needs to be flattened out a bit, so that I can attach all the extra legs that have broken off. It's so hard to get good staff these days. I even doubled the roadies pay last show!

The truck is still hiding all of the latest boxes of glass that I bought in Armidale, but there is time for that soon.

Nighty night xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Both G and myself were really too knackered to do much of anything today so we didn't. Gace the gardens a really good soaking because I forgot the sprinklers were on :lol: Jacobean lilies have started to flower and they are so pretty. Rang my long lost friend in NZ this arvo and caught up on a lot of years. Gave her Sues ph number and address and told her to get in touch as both of them are great company for each other, 2 very strong and honest women. Yes you are right Deborah Brian has not got a reply to his email which will be repeated next week. Had a notice from the Sheriff's office saying their 3rd attempt to catch the roof man has failed again, what do we do next? keep shelling out $ for no results. Might look into the black power boys, they get the jobs done. We used them as debt collectors for our garage in NZ and they had 100% success rate. It was just their appearance that did the trick :lol: :lol: Take care and goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Robert n Bob x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, which football club will you have to contact to get some black power boys? Sounds like a bit of testosterone , muscles and size intimidation just might do that job xxxx

Welcome home David, sounds like you had a good trip.

My sister did arrive today and we have had a lovely time together. We missed each other at Christmas, so tonight we did our Christmas present ritual. That was nice. Following Easter tradition, in the lair, we had a lovely pumpkin and leek quiche for dinner. I may have been a little bit over generous with the leeks....

I was happy with the kiln today. The plate came out perfectly and even his lordship liked it, that's different. The stand for my earrings is a bit wonky. Nothing that a rubber stick on thingy wont stop. It also needs some bits glued on, but it will work the way I had hoped, so that's good.
Tonight, in the kiln, is the bowl that came out looking like a saucer. It's getting another chance with a slightly different set up to lift it more out of the bowl, in the hope that it will drop into the bottom of the bowl shape. Tomorrow will tell.

sleep tight vegemites xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

Deborah what would happen if you put all the bits of jewelry around the top of a bowl and let it all melt into a super bowl with so many colours?? Bored silly today and pissed off with the neighbours. They have been letting their cat out at night because it wants to go out, if they keep it inside it stirs up their dogs and they get no sleep. Well it is ok for their cat to come to our place, pee everywhere over things and to scare our sleeping birds, and also gets Brian upset with it's pee here there and everywhere. This is the second time George has told them about their cat but todays answer was "wait for it to come over and when you see it chuck stones at it" yeah so we are going to be sitting outside waiting to theow stones at the cat" . Afraid the stones I chuck might just damage their solar panels ?? Robert not Bob may we borrow your cat trap again? WTF is the matter with people these days, do they think it is only themselves they care about? ignorant people. Time for a shower to cool down then off to bed I think. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight NC George x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

You mean like this Dot?
IMG_4441.JPG
IMG_4656.JPG
IMG_4181.JPG
I think the first one is the plate after firing, in the kiln.. Sorry the tiny pics that I have to look at to find things is a bit small to get the details. The second, is on the stall and the last pic is the very start of the process, in the kiln.
In case you didn't figure it out, yes I have done a few of these. Annoyingly, where all the colours merge, they form a dark brown, so not as exciting as expected. xxxx

Had a shopping day with my sister. She bought the things that were on her list for today and then asked could we visit some different shops tomorrow? I will be phoning ahead to make sure the shop that she especially wants to visit, has the things that she wants to buy, before we start on a cross country tour of all things in Gateshead and surrounds. I did check the Easter trading hours, so I know that much.
Nothing in the kiln today. I just spent a few hours trying to get some advertising up on f**kbook for the area about my next upcoming stall. PITA if you ask me.

night all xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah

RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Morning all do not have a cat trap but do have a large possum trap you can borrow. Recommend you realease at lest 60 klm from where caught.

Busy week had the inverter out and in three times but now all ok. Replaced the TV bracket and installed a new water pump which is much quiter than the old one.

Diesel heat was not working and after being under the van a couple of times I found the ignition wire tucked up and tiered off near the front water tank. Must have been done when they replaced the A frame. A job for when we are back from Goolwa.

Take care while travelling folks cheers Robert.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Good morning all, slept in beautiful sunny day.
Deborah, glance at first photo, thought you must of grown some Jap/ Kent pumpkins :lol: didn’t take long to realise it was a plate with following photo, amazing hobby never know what you’ll find in the kiln. :D
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Yes Deborah like that. What is the colour that makes the brown colour? Loved your blue platter/plate. Do they sell ok? Robert not Bob if you let a possum go into a new area they will most likely be killed by the already there residents. Because of the neighbours reactions to our info about their cat peeing on our stuff etc I am going to trap the cat and return it to them, I will do this 3 times then I will find another home for the cat. Just inconsiderate as far as I am concerned. No more lemons or spare fruit / vegs from now on. Had an AJ treatment today plus a wine afterwards but no more, no breakfast and oh boy did it hit hard, I left her starting to plant those 5k bulbs. I had a nanna nap when I got home :D . G's hernia is starting to make it's presence known but he only has to get to Wednesday. BOB's are back on Tour of Flanders (Antwerp Belgium) and my fav rider is out after a big crash, he has # ribs, # collar bone and sternum :( So far Jayco boys are doing ok but another 92ks to go. Not many solar panels on the houses here. Heading to Meadows market tomorrow to see what they have this year, it's a 4 day fair.George has been reading the recipe books for his fire side cook up :lol: but he keeps asking things like "what is a jill" how the hell am I expected to know? thank goodness for google. :lol: OK time for bed e buys. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Shirley x :D
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Good night Dot, sweet dreams.

I have a date in the morning to go kayaking with my youngest 2 g’sons, we were going today but they went out to an Easter egg hunt, apparently found several.

This is the quietest Easter on the lake, usually many more folk enjoying the water sports & fishing, as I already commented plenty of extra vehicles on our roads :?: the weather has been perfect.

Goodnight everyone.
Shirley & Bruce.