Good morning daily

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Keith Morris

Re: Good morning daily

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
The local kids are trying to put one over me but it is not working.
I know that bunnies don't lay eggs so I am not hunting around the garden looking for any.
Have a good long weekend all.
Keith

't

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
The local kids are trying to put one over me but it is not working.
I know that bunnies don't lay eggs so I am not hunting around the garden looking for any.
Have a good long weekend all.
Keith

't

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

I'm a Pensioner, so every day is part of a long weekend :lol:

I was explaining to a young bloke yesterday that he should be thankful that we, the Pensioners, take trips, tour Australia and do "Cruises" and things like that
He just couldn't see it, so I had to explain it in words of one syllable.

Q . Do you have kids ?
A. Yes 3
Q . Are you working full time ? ( I already knew he was )
A . Yes
Q . Do your kids play sport ?
A . Yes , footy and basketball
So your week is busy working and your weekends are busy with the kids, as well as mow the grass and other things "She" finds for you to do/fix.
Yehh , I suppose it is
Then us Pensioners step in and do some of your life for you
Like What ! :x
Going on trips, doing the Block, touring the World , taking Cruises and all that stuff.
We do it for you because you young'uns just don't have the time for it all.
So we're keeping those industries and jobs open until you youngsters can eventually step up and take some responsibility and do your holidays for yourself. :ugeek:

For some reason, he just left shaking his head and muttering something I didn't think was in agreement with my ideas. ;)

Young people these days just can not think past the sides of the box they're standing in :roll:

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Good morning.
Good one Ron :D
No rain again yesterday...Will get the mower out again today :evil:
I have all my wiring installed for the new fridge, now to figure out the wiring of the change over switch :roll: :roll:
Not much else happened I did my walk around town, had a chat with one of the neighborhood. And bumped into a few Wallaby's...
Keep safe.
Bernie.
IMG20240329064421.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Good morning everyone. We arrived back in Australia around 6am yesty morn. We managed to get a bit of sleep on the 'red eye' from Tokyo. Can't imagine that sleeping on a plane is fun though. We both absolutely loved our trip, and would go back for another visit in a heartbeat. Bandit was happy to see us, and we were happy to see him too.
Spent the rest of the day doing a bit of resting up and some washing.
What fridge did you finish up with Bernie?
You are right about travelling Ron. The old farts have been keeping the tourist and travel industry going for years.
Have a happy Easter everybody, safe travels if you are out and about.
Last edited by supersparky on Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Good morning All. 15* with 25* forecast. I spent some time yesterday pressure cleaning the bus roof prior to spraying it with mould remover and, unfortunately, I found one of the solar panels is starting to become unattached so rectifying that will be on the agender for today. I almost forgot, a section of the roof guttering needed re-rivetting and sealing as well.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:47 am Good morning All. 15* with 25* forecast. I spent some time yesterday pressure cleaning the bus roof prior to spraying it with mould remover and, unfortunately, I found one of the solar panels is starting to become unattached so rectifying that will be on the agender for today. I almost forgot, a section of the roof guttering needed re-rivetting and sealing as well.

George
Don't fall off that bus roof again George, the recovery will be much slower with heaps more pain if you repeat the free fall attempt, the body will punish you for being silly enough to do it a second time ;) :lol:

Arrived home yesterday afternoon, I was sort of hoping my Putin Tat would appear and happy to see us, but still no sign this morning ..... if he was still alive and someone had him, he'd be driving them crazy with his carry - on about not seeing me ... just my 6 hrs away when I go to my electric vehicle meeting near sends Margaret up the wall with his howling cry, clawing the shit out of his scratching pole and then running out the cat flap to his cat run to see if I can hear him from there, then it all repeats ...... I'm guessing a snake got him, the locals would have told us if they had seen his remains on the road ... but he was very road smart after surviving one close call early on .....

Sad, but at least he went doing what he loved, patrolling his territory, three houses either side and to the cliffs out the back, maybe further but I have no plans to do a George and climb them only to fall off .......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

cat.jpg
Terry, I can not believe the nonchalant attitude to your missing cat, "it may be dead due to a snake or being run over." You have a cat enclosure you were proud of and the cat liked it yet you went against the law of cats needed to be contained 24/7. and the fact you left it to fend for itself so you could go away. Not impressed at all Terry. :evil: I hope you at least go and look for his remains and bury him because he deserves that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:48 pm Terry, I can not believe the nonchalant attitude to your missing cat, "it may be dead due to a snake or being run over." You have a cat enclosure you were proud of and the cat liked it yet you went against the law of cats needed to be contained 24/7. and the fact you left it to fend for itself so you could go away. Not impressed at all Terry. :evil: I hope you at least go and look for his remains and bury him because he deserves that.
Dottie, I don't believe in locking any animal in a cage. Only the Adelaide Hills council has a bylaw regarding cats being contained 24/7, we live in the Riverlands and no such idiot law is applied here.

I did not leave it to fend for itself, we waited 3 days for him to return, drove the streets and walked the territory he frequented, calling him all the time, but no sign. We left the auto cat feeder that has an alarm bell he knows and the auto water fountain along with Don next door, who Putin tat knows and regularly visits his cat, to keep an eye out for him and let him inside if he returned .... no sign and Don texted us each day, the cat feeder was overflowing when we got home, so he hadn't visited without being scene.
Last night and again today, I went out and searched his favourite haunts, put a message up on the local area group text group and someone replied that he was often seen in the bushes next door, so I went and searched that, still no sign .... Tried all the neighbours but being Easter, they are all away at the moment ... he is very well known in the area, if anyone has seen him they'll let us know .....I haven't given up hope, but they are fading by the day .... I'll find him and bury him out the front with Crunchy so we can say hello to them both every time we leave the driveway and again when we return home ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Just to settle your mind that the cat in the photo might have been Putin Tat
Putin Tat.jpg
Timid is not a word used to describe Putin, "WTF was that all about" as he removes sections of flesh if you get between him and an escape route would better describe Putin Tat. I hope he does return and we can take him on our first ever road trip that wasn't a rush trip to get to a job and get back home again, yet enough room for him to wander around looking for a new place to sleep .... and maybe watch you try to get a cat carry cage even close to him .... now that would have made a great video :twisted:

T1 Terry