Outback pit stops hardly flush with dunnies

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Kit Kat

Outback pit stops hardly flush with dunnies

Post by Kit Kat »

White streamers dangling off trees at some outback rest stops have left travellers unimpressed by such crappy decorations.

As tourists in their caravans head inland and into northern Australia after the heat of summer, a lack of amenities at rest areas prompts criticism.

The problem equally riles some who head south.

"As soon as you cross the border from the Northern Territory into South Australia the availability of toilets doesn't just diminish, it vanishes," said Michael, a Northern Territory traveller.

"As a result, every rest area on the Stuart Highway is littered with toilet paper and other debris, which is not nice.

"Let's face it, when people have got to go, they have to go."

Source: ABC News. Read more here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-26/o ... es/4652636
Jim

Re: Outback pit stops hardly flush with dunnies

Post by Jim »

Perhaps this site might help?

http://www.toiletmap.gov.au/
Macca

Post by Macca »

Totally agree .in 2010 & 2011& wrote to the tourism Minister complaining about the lack of Pit/windy/drop loos- whatever you want to call them- along the Stuart Highway. Both years the reply was - being looked in to!!! :roll: Disgusting with some stops right beside the Ghan line, what must tourists think about the mess as there certaily are some grubs out there.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I probably shouldn't say this and I'm not advocating everyone do it but ...........
In a cassette toilet it takes a very short time for faeces & paper to turn to liquid. My guess is less than a couple of hours while travelling?
I often look for some very minor track leading off the main road & then see if I can walk/carry the cassette in behind some trees or find an abandoned rabbit burrow for my gift.
No paper to blow around & quickly soaks in, dries up & is gone.......
Doing 'it' this way avoids bull ants, centipedes, snakes & strained thigh muscles!!!
I'm talking isolated outback areas ofcourse...... not parliament house!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Does it have to be an abandoned rabbit hole? ;) :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Jim

Post by Jim »

T1 Terry wrote:Does it have to be an abandoned rabbit hole? ;) :lol:
Wombat hole?
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I added the "abandoned" bit to keep Dot happy........
I'd hate to be labelled an animal hater!!
Now where's those traps?
Ever seen a rabbit fly out of a burrow with a ferret firmly attached to a back leg? THAT'S something she should get stopped!
Still waiting for Brian's Rabbit Stew!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

The people working the ferrets should have the nets done correctly or muzzell the ferrets, they are only meant to flush the bunnies out or get better working ferrets.. The RSPCA are total twats when it comes to having any balls when it comes to animal "protection".. Now back to dunnies in the bush, We always dig a nice hole but that idea of dumping in a "dive" is a good idea.. Some people do live in shitehouses after all. Donations might welcome, might save em begging:lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Bruce, parliament house would be ideal. The grass roof would love being fertilized by better quality than what is being hurled around inside the building!

Dot, didn't you know the rspca is more concerned about the nasty cattle dogs who might actually nip a badly behaved baa, and they think working dogs should be forced to wear a muzzle...yeh right. Sometimes I can hear my ole Mum saying "Öh God, save me from the bloody do-gooders" .
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

dream4red wrote:Bruce, parliament house would be ideal. The grass roof would love being fertilized by better quality than what is being hurled around inside the building!

" .

Now that is one good post Deborah :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.