Now for my second post

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
marashkar

Now for my second post

Post by marashkar »

Hello all. Steve and Maree live and work in the central qld coalfields living full time in our converted denning. Ended up here after the forum of which we do not speak was shut down. We remain members as I believe that organization with all its faults is still the most united voice motorhomers /caravaners have. Steve and maree
Dot

Re: Now for my second post

Post by Dot »

Hi & welcome to you Steve & Maree. How about some info on your bus conversion along with some pictures as well. Hope you enjoy your time here. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Welcome Steve & Maree,
Where abouts do you live in the bus (town, caravan park etc) & which mine are you employed to work in?
Do you work for a contractor? Which one?
I've got friends up your way & am interested in the way they swap contractors like I change undies!!! Nightmare?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome Steve and Marree for us as well. My next door neighbour and very good friend went up that way chasing the mining jobs. It makes my head spin the way he says one minute you are flat out, next minute the contractor you were working for suddenly doesn't have the contract any more. Out of job at the end of nightshift, no warning or anything, by the end of the day all the crew you worked with have left the area so you have to as well, but new work turns up a few hundred miles away. After the same nonsense repeats a few times you end up working with people you worked with hundreds of miles away 18 mths before, yet they all seem to treat it as though it's nothing unusual.
Is this the pattern you have seen? or is your job a little more stable?

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
marashkar

Post by marashkar »

Bruce we live in town presently parked in a back yard. Work in the second biggest open cut around moranbah. The contractor issue. Multinational mining company on a cost reduction campaign no one is safe if the village idiot quotes a lower price he gets the work. Wether he can do the work or not. The atmosphere here at the moment is toxic anyone who has spent any time in the mining game knows that we are at the end of a supply chain and are at the mercy of global commodities markets. We do not have job for life but what has happened is they are treating people as a consumable item every one in this game is now a casual worker and how can you plan your live around that. Unless you are a CEO then you can work for 4 years cost the company billions and be sent on your way with millions another rant over steve
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I think my mate is back working in Moranbah, he originally worked there for the hydraulic hose mob, now he's working for Theiss I think, after working all over the place inbetween, a wierd life style living on the edge like that.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
marashkar

Post by marashkar »

Yes terry. It is alright for us old farts but how can the young ones coming into this industry even begin to plan their lives? My real concern mining is all that is keeping this country afloat. And it is an industry run by clowns. Steve