Hurricane hits Kingston SE, SA

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Dot

Re: Hurricane hits Kingston SE, SA

Post by Dot »

The story on the news said it would take a "few" days to clean up, looks more like mths?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

A few more photos of the big mess.
32 of them.
http://www.coastalleader.com.au/story/1 ... s/?cs=1189
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Bugga, just cost me a grand to get the tree out the front cut down, those lucky buggas got the storm to do theirs and insurance pays for it :lol:
Certainly made a mess of the sheds, I wonder if they can find all the tiles to put back on those roofs? Those sheets of roof iron flying around are deadly, lucky no one was killed.
The one that went through down this way lifted a farm tripple garage size shed up, frame work and all, carried backwards and turned it upside down, yet nothing inside appeared to have been moved, then it picked up a 1 weel old Holden 4 x 4 family station wagon thing and tossed it in the paddock writing it off, yet the house beside all of that was undamaged, they are really wierd events when they come through.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Wow just saw the latest on the news.. what a mess for sure, any little animals need a hand??
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Just viewed the pix. Nasty!
Has anyone contacted Blaze-Aid to see if they have people to spare?
Local & state-based 4WD clubs are often willing to organise volunteer clean-up teams, too.
Sorry I'm stuck in Melbourne for medical reasons, otherwise I'd be there...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Ray I appreciate the thought but you better concentrate on rebuilding yourself just at present.... (we all are wishing you well Ray!)

I run a website to help promote Kingston & since the 'storm' I've received many calls offering help.
It seems both the local council & SES are asking people to not come and help as between the locals and other SES teams from other places, including even Adelaide, they consider there are enough.
You may remember Penola main street copped the same a year or so ago and they were one of the first teams to arrive. They appreciated the help they got at the time.
A lot needs to be left for insurance assessors etc.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Watch Out again,, the news is warning the SE ie Kingston another front is heading your way this evening...
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yes Dot I heard that. We usually get 5 or 6 storms a year here & they aren't a problem most times.
The one the other day was a 'twister' like you see in the USA. It's like a giant vacuum cleaner. Windows get smashed & then the roof virtually get's sucked off and fly up into the air.
One friend of mine had one of those evap coolers 'sucked' off the roof of her house!!
Now you know why I refused to buy a seafront house!!! Forever cleaning salt off the windows!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA