Rolf Harris

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Rolf Harris

Post by BruceS »

What is indecent assault?

Indecent assault is considered any assault that occurs under “indecent circumstances” and that is not covered by the list shown above under ‘What is sexual assault?’

This typically means things such as:
Being touched over your clothes
Being forced to touch someone over their clothes
Being forced to kiss.

Indecent assault is against the law.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

T1 Terry wrote:..... they have little solid evidence at all.
Seems they have the evidence, that is why they have proceeded to charges. The profile of this case is such that there would have been many an internal review and discussion about whether or not to proceed. The Queen, herself, has an interest in the case and she will be made to look a fool if Harris is found guilty. Somebody is in for an arse kicking, one way or the other.

Iza
dapope

Post by dapope »

Two of the most important women in my life have been the victims of sexual abuse, both over many years and both going on into adulthood. What most men do not understand is how disempowering sexual abuse is.
Its equally disgusting that some women use false allegations to get back at men. These usually get disproved over time, but the damage done is longer lasting.
I will never forget going on to an admission ward in NZ many years ago, seeing an elderly woman with chronic depression crying, saying its too late, I can't do anything now. The night before there had been a major documentary on tv about sexual abuse which she had watched and been upset by.
She never admitted to being a victim, but I bet she was
One in four women and an estimated one in five men are victims.
We don't even mention about the blokes.....
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Dot

Post by Dot »

But the joke at Kerang had witnesses :lol: :lol: lots of em
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I see on the CF the Rolf jokes have started already :roll:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

T1 Terry wrote:I see on the CF the Rolf jokes have started already :roll:
Think the vanishing creme has been applied....
Wobblybox on wheels
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Ya gotta wonder what constitutes offensive over there, I had a laugh at it ‘cause I could see it as joke.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

The blokes are now getting their days in court, thanks to them having the courage to speak up ie the victims of the priests and nuns, scout masters, carers and nurses, "mates in services" etc. My first husb was also witness to this behaviour when he was a ward of the state(Vic in the late 50's and early 60's).he could name names some are "respected" people in high government jobs. Let's face it there are dirty filthy sick perverts everywhere, and they do not have a flashing sign on their heads.I had a very good friend who I would have defended to the end, when he was charged with child molestation I could not believe it but the evidence was there on tape for all to see. He got 8 yrs for stuffing many many many young lives up. I have not spoken to him since but if I came face to face with him I know I would attempt to snuff him out permanently but I still think of the good times we had. :? Sad world for sure :(
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

Sad story coming up....

My mum, when she was 72, sat down with me and said she thinks she had been depressed all her life, because she was molested as a child by the man up the road, and when she told her parents THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE HER.

And I can say from personal experience, ....I was 14 and the window cleaner molested me...I told my parents, they called the police, I had to go over my statement SEVEN TIMES, and the guys excuse was, his wife was pregnant (???), and he got 6 weeks probation or some such. My dad said he wished he'd just gone round and knocked the blokes block off.

It was repeating the event seven times to the police that caused me so much distress.

Terrible, helpless feeling, and the victim is made to feel guilty.

Dee
dapope

Post by dapope »

All too common Dee. :(
When I did my mental health training in the early 70s, the line was that it was very rare!
The frequency has not increased, but the reporting has, and hopefully over time it will decrease the frequency
Now we just have to improve the system so the victim only needs to tell once
Wobblybox on wheels