DDOS attacks

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
BruceS
Site Admin

DDOS attacks

Post by BruceS »

Each evening we have been experiencing a dedicated attack by unknown and unwelcome visitors that have degraded our servers ability to serve out web pages.
We are attempting to solve the issue and tech guys are trying their best to get on top of it.
I plead with everyone to please make sure your own computers are properly protected to avoid the hackers using your computer to be involved in DDOS attacks.
If you notice a lot of activity on your computer or laptop (lights flashing?) when you are doing nothing then you MAY be already hacked or "possessed"
I'll update with any more news when I can.
Thankyou for your understanding.......... ;) ;)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Boblebago

Re: DDOS attacks

Post by Boblebago »

Hi Bruce

I tried to quote a message and upload 3 photo's last night but every time it told me I had to log on to post messages so I gave up after the 3rd time.

Regards Geoff
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I know the feeling!!!
I gave up and went to bed.
There are thousands in the same boat as me/us.
Chuck had a similar error that you were seeing & he deleted his board cookies & it seems to have fixed it.
The link to do that is right down the very bottom of this forum window. "Delete All Board Cookies"
Are you still having problems today?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Boblebago

Post by Boblebago »

BruceS wrote:I know the feeling!!!
I gave up and went to bed.
There are thousands in the same boat as me/us.
Chuck had a similar error that you were seeing & he deleted his board cookies & it seems to have fixed it.
The link to do that is right down the very bottom of this forum window. "Delete All Board Cookies"
Are you still having problems today?
Hi Bruce

I deleted cookies but still no luck, could it be post image.
I was able to post that earlier message ok without pictures.

Geoff
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yes I think it may be Post Image as I just received this from Tech.

Due to the mitigation measures put in place to block the incoming DDoS attack, some customers overseas, and in some cases customers in Perth or remote/rural areas of Australia, will continue to experience issues with connectivity to our network.

To ensure we maximise the effect of the block put in place to mitigate this attack, we will not be removing it as yet - we will advise as soon as changes have been made to resolve the connectivity issues for our overseas and remote customers.

We apologise for any inconvenience during this time and appreciate your ongoing patience.

So if Post Image is one of the sites in those areas (overseas?) then it most likely is being blocked for now.
Does it work if you use the "other" uploading facility? Scroll down a bit further.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Boblebago

Post by Boblebago »

BruceS wrote:Yes I think it may be Post Image as I just received this from Tech.

Due to the mitigation measures put in place to block the incoming DDoS attack, some customers overseas, and in some cases customers in Perth or remote/rural areas of Australia, will continue to experience issues with connectivity to our network.

To ensure we maximise the effect of the block put in place to mitigate this attack, we will not be removing it as yet - we will advise as soon as changes have been made to resolve the connectivity issues for our overseas and remote customers.

We apologise for any inconvenience during this time and appreciate your ongoing patience.

So if Post Image is one of the sites in those areas (overseas?) then it most likely is being blocked for now.
Does it work if you use the "other" uploading facility? Scroll down a bit further.
I will give it a try as the photos are not big files.

Geoff