Combined Postage??

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Re: Combined Postage??

Post by Dot »

Me and gumtree are NOT friends. Hearing end of next month.. :evil:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

generdawg wrote:Some put up items for a very low price and cover their butt with inflated postage.
Oooh look, only ninety nine cents.
Yes, but the postage is $6.99!
But, but it's only 99 cents.
If GST or VAT or state Sales Tax is involved, the tax is calculated on the item price, not the postage cost. If Australians get start getting slugged GST on online items, expect more of the seemingly silly ratio of price to postage.

Iza
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

generdawg wrote:Has anyone actually been able to purchase on gumtree? Every time I knock, there is nobody home, so I give up and stay away.
GumTree...... I inquired about an electric converted bike, I received a reply but he only wanted to talk on the phone, ot put the requested information in writing I guess. i read that as flashing warning signs and backed away from the deal.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Dot wrote:
Ros20549 wrote:Dot combined postage is when you purchase more than 1 item from the same person, they post all items together which will work out cheaper for you rather than pay the full cost for all items posted separately, therefore giving you a small saving on the postage cost.

Cheers Ros.

Thank you Ros, I knew a female would come along and talk sense. :lol: :roll: So does anyone else need to buy a fridge freezer? :lol:
Brad they are dirtier on Gumtree by miles ;)
Dot it comes with working for Aust Post for 12 years.. and being a little bit of an ebay queen ( as my friends call me) :lol: :lol:
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

T1 Terry wrote:...... I inquired about an electric converted bike...
I've still got the bike, are you interested?

dawg
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Brad, You are a very naughty meerkat aren't you. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Well I bought the houseboat thru Gumtree........ well not exactly.......
Gumtree tends to be more of a place to find things for sale & from then on it's between both of you to work out the transaction being mindful of traps either way.
It also tends to be more for bigger items I think......... things that cant really be posted.
Regardless of whichever way you buy & sell anything at all, it pays to cover all the bases........
BruceS
Mannum, SA

generdawg

Post by generdawg »

supersparky wrote:Brad, You are a very naughty meerkat aren't you. :roll:
Well it's the truth. Or were you referring to the awesome Boonah foursome?
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.