VANISHING POINT MILESTONE

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Busman

VANISHING POINT MILESTONE

Post by Busman »

Yesterday we passed a significant milestone in our build. YOU BLOODY BEAUTY !!

For over 3 years Vanishing Point has sat patiently on stands while we cut her down to floor level, removed the steel cancer and started rebuilding.

Yesterday the stands came out and she is now sitting on a set of brand new alloys and Triangle tyres

Next week the TV antennae for populated areas will be fitted, as well as the 8 electrically operated awnings

We have decided on a "local" TV antennae insted of a U beaut motorised one, as we can use that easily (it has an actuator to lift it) and a satellite internet system that can also be used for satellite TV as having internet access is far more important for us than TV. That will complete the roof area, just need a bit of guttering for the rainwater collection system and will be done up there.

If interested in looking at out build, there are many many photos on the website (motorhomeconversion.com.au) so I can see no point in cluttering up this server with copies.

Geez it feels good !!!

William
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Dot

Re: VANISHING POINT MILESTONE

Post by Dot »

Good news William, I will pop over soon and have a peep at your handy work.. We are finally heading off in our now completed bus conversion TOMORROW. Still doesn't seem real but guess it is we are packed and ready, you will be soon as well :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Busman

Post by Busman »

BIG milestone !!

Well VP is finally valued and weighed, next step is measure and safety certificate, then Qld Trans with bags of money and paperwork, then some REGISTRATION PLATES !!

After 3 1/4 years of damned hard work (anyone that's done this knows what I mean) it will be great to have her on the road again

Use for a few short trips to test out all systems, modify anything required, at the same time building an air suspension, air brake enclosed trailer
for the Suzy and junk.

Really impressed with the mobile weighing service as a business. He is the only one in Aus doing this as a mobile service. Never gets more than a day at home as he is always traveling so much, over ALL the country, even off to Tassie next.
Could be the perfect accompaniment to a large RV, not have to head back home after each trip, just drive up to a site, setup in 5 mins for 3 axles, there's your certificate sir, $150 please, wham bam, thank you mam.

And I thought I could retire................

William
Dot

Post by Dot »

Well done William at long last hey :D When is the "BIG trip planned for :?:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Well done Bill, when are you heading down to finish my bus? :lol: I've tried to get George to come over and finish it for me but he seems to find something else to do instead :lol:
The big hand over of the business must be happening soon as well, it's all coming together at last.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

Hope you have that real sense of achievement, and get to clock LOTS of miles!
Just ahd a look at the build page. Are you going to put up some finished photos?
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Top stuff William. I see many miles and many adventures ahead for you.
Not sure it's a good move selling the business to your family!! ;) ;) Temptation is going to be great to "give me a hand Dad!" (& obliging)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Busman wrote: Yesterday the stands came out and she is now sitting on a set of brand new alloys and Triangle tyres
Geez it feels good !!!

William
A bit bumpy, I'd have thought! I use round ones... :D

Seriously, Ya gotta get out there soon and start enjoying your years of labour!
All the best with VP..
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Busman

Post by Busman »

Thanks to all of you with your encouraging remarks,

ASAP is all I can say, been doing this for 24 years good chance for the kids to make their life money early in the next couple, then subdivision should be knocking at the door.

Naw, there is a limit to what I have to give, they will have to sink or swim on their decisions, they will have access to me for 30 mins per day and thats it (unless I'm out of satellite range of course).

Once they are dropped in it, without me to support them, they will be fine. Right now it is too easy to come and ask me EVERYTHING !
Daughter came down to VP to complain about internet speed yesterday. She was running on the way back to the house after she got an earfull !!

Not long now, just got to master the Spicer crash box................

William
Dot

Post by Dot »

Re that crash box ask Ozfueler, :lol: :lol: but do not ask him for directions ;)