Camps Australia wide Bible I mean book!!!

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
BernieQ2

Re: Camps Australia wide Bible I mean book!!!

Post by BernieQ2 »

Or own a smart phone which we don't.
Bernie.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Maybe so Martin but who ever puts down a camp spot has phone coverage and it clearly does not (even with a smart arse phone) then there is something not right with those books. Just saying. :lol: Can find spots without a book anyway, it is called good old fashioned talking to people and info centres plus looking with your own eyes.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

In our Camps book 6 the area we are staying in is marked as Mt Thirsty #311. In Chucks Camps book 7 this very same area is down as Lake Cowan & in Chucks book the Lake Cowan Area is listed as Mt Thirsty. :? :| :| :| :| :| :| . The correct one is Camps book 6 :roll: How do I know this you might ask :?: the lady in the info centre said so :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

How in the world did you manage to get those rigs up there, let alone find space enough to 1) park 2) turn around and extracate???
You were actually parked on Mount Thirsty (camps6 311) over looking Lake Cowan (camps6 310)
DSCF8017x.jpg
5D3_6593x.jpg
Did you find the grave site?
5D3_6605x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Another vote for wikki camps. Margaret has her tablet and looks for camp spots in the area we are in at the time and the little blue car on google maps shows where you are and how to get to the spot. we have found some great camp spots with a fly over on google satellite view as well
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Liz Bailey

Post by Liz Bailey »

Yep! Wikicamps for us, too! :D
Liz Bailey,
currently in NSW
Mt Evelyn, Victoria
...with husband, Rob, in a GMC truck towing a 5er
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

We have both & use both.
Shirley & Bruce.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Shirley wrote:We have both & use both.
Ditto.

The book makes a great map to follow en route.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
bob r

Post by bob r »

Wikicamps for us to.
Bob