Blocked IP ranges

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
BruceS
Site Admin

Blocked IP ranges

Post by BruceS »

If anyone is having trouble accessing the forum please let me know via alternative means. Email through a friend etc.
If you know your IP then include it in the message so I can unblock it.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=what ... mAWW94H4Bw
We've been attacked & probed by some Russian spammers who are slightly upset at me blocking them. They are trying to circumnavigate the blocks.
Hang in there as we battle them...........
BruceS
Mannum, SA

generdawg

Re: Blocked IP ranges

Post by generdawg »

BruceS wrote:We've been attacked & probed by some Russian spammers ...........
Wish we were cleaver enough whenever there are any attacks to automatically reverse attack (with their own virus) plus an extra free one for good measure! :twisted:
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

After half a day blocking and deleting some 'members' I've changed a few settings on the board.
Members already here won't be effected.
I've changed it to require 4 posts that need approval before any other posts can't be made.
I've also required that anyone signing up will need to be approved by me "personally" before they will be accepted.
Since I've made the last change (about 2 hours), I've now got 18 requests in my email account awaiting for approval.
There are many members that I'm not too sure about......... no posts yet but seem to be Australian email addresses.
I've thought about deleting their accounts but lurkers are welcome?? lol
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

lurkers yes lurgies no, go boss bomb those ruskies good and proper :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I opened a mailbox full of "Activate User Account" emails with some very weird names, I deleted that lot but more are still pouring in, they are persistent buggers :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

bit like haemorrhoids PITA
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

T1 Terry wrote:I opened a mailbox full of "Activate User Account" emails with some very weird names, I deleted that lot but more are still pouring in, they are persistent buggers :lol:
Me too had over a hundred today
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Dot

Post by Dot »

DITTO