Vaccination frequency

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
Jon and Kay

Vaccination frequency

Post by Jon and Kay »

I was advised by a vet that annual vaccinations may be harmful to my dog.
On researching this, I have found that there is evidence that Annual vaccinations are not recommended , and that they may be harnmful.

Yet my boarding Kennel insists on annual vaccinations

So...who's right?
Jon
Dot

Re: Vaccination frequency

Post by Dot »

I only did the vac thing till my dogs were about 3 yrs old then I only did them IF they ever had to go into kennels. Apart from that I do not vaccinate apart from heartworm
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

So, although it's possibly harmful for the dog, it might be ok for you when Kay sends you off to the kennels for a bit of peace and quiet Jon
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

T1 Terry wrote:So, although it's possibly harmful for the dog, it might be ok for you when Kay sends you off to the kennels for a bit of peace and quiet Jon

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

T1 Terry wrote:So, although it's possibly harmful for the dog, it might be ok for you when Kay sends you off to the kennels for a bit of peace and quiet Jon
It's more a matter of when I'm out of the dog box these days Terry :D
Jon
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

As long as Kay is still checking you for ticks it can't be that bad :lol: It's bugger when the play dead, sit and lie commands just seem to come natural but you still put up a fight with the roll over one, but the pat on the head and good boy makes it all worthwhile :)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO