Hi From Ivor & Bernie

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Rovi

Re: Hi From Ivor & Bernie

Post by Rovi »

Hi Ray! Thanks for the warm welcome!
Yes I want to gad about a bit yet and meet a few of you amigos!
I was in another life the Salvation Army Officer in Narrogin W.A but have never driven over the Nullabour as the Salvos had us in the air most of the time if we needed to make the trip to the eastern states. I used to rave on and on about the wildflowers in W.A to Bernie as she has never seen them so I want to make that trip sometime. Our winnie comes from W.A so she should know the roads well enough LOL.
We recently did York Peninsula and loved it! The only thing was I didn't get to catch a squid as it was so rough when we were there I was nearly blown off the jetty. I have to get to Tassy to visit my grandkids but we are so wrapped up in getting this shed built here it's gonna be awhile. Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year! Ivor and Bernie
Dot

Post by Dot »

Mr Ivor Sir, does this mean I have to behave myself considering your past life?? :) :) I mean I have enough trouble converting our old mate Ray. :) A little story about the Sallies band. When my mum was a young and the Sally army used to stand outside the local pub playing, my mum used to stand right in front of the man playing that big ?? tuba?? and she would suck a lemon just to watch how his mouth would drool :) now I know where I got my naughtiness from and all these years I thought it was from my dad :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Hey, I&B,
Looks like I've been preaching to the converted! :lol:
Ignore Dottie's comments... I'm still on the (relatively) straight and narrow. ;)
We were in Pindar when I broke my leg & became a customer of that exclusive airline, RFDS. :D
Pindar is where we saw an amazing display of Wreath Flowers. The best display in 40 years, according to the (only) permanent local resident.
Try to get there at all costs... we will. When I'm back on two unassisted legs.
BTW, if ever you're in the Yarrawonga/Rutherglen/Albury area, we have room for rigs up to 10t...
(and maps of the 26 local vineyards ;))
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Rovi

Post by Rovi »

Hey Dot! The lemon thing was a naughty thing to do but it was pretty common. Our old Bandmaster from Burnie Tas where we were based told me the same story! It's ok! I have a different belief system now - we are ALL going to heaven! if you can call it heaven. This is stuff I am happy to talk about over an open fire but not in this weather LOL. I am a didgeridoo player as well as guitar in our band and they started me off on the Bass drum, then tuba, then Slide trombone. Now I can only still play didgeridoo! I can play the violin well enough to give myself a headache!
Hey Greynomad I need to make some sort of diary to put some of these suggestions in so I can refer to them when we get to that area of the country. Thanks for the tip. I too have problems with my legs and probably should have knee reconstructions but Iv'e hear too many horror stories so I keep on with what Iv'e got. We are stuck here in S.A for a good while yet while we build our shed on our block and of course the grandkids take up a lot of our time. Feel free to contact me and the missus on Face book or Face Ache as I lovingly call it. Cheers for now and keep cool! Ivor and Bernie
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Hi Ivor,

In the Sallys it was a Double Bass rather than a Tuba. I also went through the stages of Cornet, Tenor Horn and finally Trombone. I can't even sing now, let alone play a brass instrument.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Dot

Post by Dot »

We could form a forum band with the instrument players here, plenty for the wind section , there is Chuck to head that section, then Annette, Norman, me, and the list goes on !!! :) :
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.