Jobs

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Lance

Re: Jobs

Post by Lance »

Yes, it's still operating but only very short hours. 24hr supermarket shopping was introduced while we were there but it didn't affect us a great deal.
When we set it up there was already a s/market and a 7/11 in the Rangeview shopping strip. 7/11 closed within 2yr of us opening, more their poor management than my good management, but it certainly kicked us along. I opened that shop at 7am and closed it at 10pm, every day for 8yrs and loved it. We only lived 10mins away so travel wasn't an issue.
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

All right Janelle, I'll give in.
First job was dental nurse (very shit job) :o for my father (the dentist) so his girls could have holidays I worked every school holiday for him, so had no holidays ever.
Next I went to sport n rec camps, teaching kids in camps and studying a dip rec.
Married, so couldn't live in camp with hubby. Became the mistress of PE, art n music in a girls catholic high school. :roll: :roll:
Went on to have sprogs and left work. Went back to study after the kids went to school. I was a primary school teacher, followed by another degree to become the director of small pre-schools. Finally retired (mentally injured :lol: ) and now design and make dichroic glass jewellery. Which is only a hobby that pays for our petrol to travel.
I bet you are sorry for asking that question now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
justgarbage

Post by justgarbage »

GoinBush wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:43 pm ......Be a tough gig operating a milk bar these days.
Perhaps, but it was a gold mine way back then. My favourite place was Turkey's Milk Bar near Burwood Station in Sydney. I was a part time musician back then, and Turkey's was the place to be after 11pm. I was rather fond of Turkey's daughter affectionally known to most of us as "Gobbler".

Now before anyone ask's, this was all before I met Maryanne. :D
Mrsjustgarbage

Post by Mrsjustgarbage »

Dot wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:36 pm ......I dropped a sprog so stayed home till I thought "OMG this thing is terrible" so I applied to do my nursing.
Staying home or the sprog Dot? :?
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I reckon that she will say BOTH !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

supersparky wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:53 pm I reckon that she will say BOTH !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Oh David you know me so well :lol: not cut out to be a mother, sorry if that offends :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrsjustgarbage

Post by Mrsjustgarbage »

Dot wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:03 pm
not cut out to be a mother, sorry if that offends :lol:
Not at all Dot. John's mum disowned him at the age of 3 months. How harsh I thought all those years ago. These days I can see considerable merit in what she did. :D

Seriously though I think she had post partum psychosis. Have you come across that condition much during your nursing Dot. I am an ex RN also.
Dot

Post by Dot »

PPD you bet I had it for years not known about that then, given Valium to "relax" and something else to wake up... Screaming sprog 24/7, wouldn't drink, eat, put me off for life BUT I can nurse the mothers that suffered from it with all the sympathy and compassion I can muster when childless women would not go near them.. I know just how easy it would have been to murder the kid, got pretty close for sure.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrsjustgarbage

Post by Mrsjustgarbage »

Very understandable Dot and very difficult for the person to deal with, given the expectations of society.

John told me of several women who did actually kill their babies whilst in the grip of psychosis. Absolutely devastating for them and their families. Fortunately their sentences were reduced due to diminished responsibility, but they still had to undergo many years of incarceration and treatment. Not surprisingly most chose to have sterilisation as it enhanced their application for parole.