My health record.

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
native pepper

Re: My health record.

Post by native pepper »

supersparky wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:09 pm
native pepper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:59 am Thanks everyone, it wasn't the dogs fault, he tried to jump out of the back of my cruiser but got his paw caught between the tailgate and car, falling out, had to grab him and lift him back in so his leg didn't break. Must have hurt a great deal,which is why he had a go at my hands, then when trying to get his paw out, he needed something to hold onto, my left hand. Once got it out he let go and started to lick my hand, to late then, since, every time he sees me he wants to sniff my hand and lick me. He's a lovely bloke and very concerned for my welfare.

Would like to post more, but it tells me I'm forbidden to read this page.
Thanks for that update NP. I thought the dog deserved a bullet a bit earlier but now I see he was only reacting to a bad situation.
I hope that you get back on track soon and can continue to play.
Why are you forbidden to read this page???
G'day David, Helen, he is beautiful dog. Got the wires out of my hand yesterday, such a relief and the surgeon is very happy with the results. Now just have to get it all working again and not push it to much, had my first good sleep in many weeks last night. As soon as I go home, Muscles (dog) was all over me sniffing my hand and cuddling up to me, made my boy jealous.

The forbidden to read this page must be some sought if glitch in the works, which probably restricts the amount posted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Dogs are amazing in fact all animals are He knows so he is making sure you are ok Bet it was much more comfortable sleeping without the wire
Muscles is a very lucky dog not to have been hurt badly Hope you can play soon take care
HTFFBO[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Helen Grose wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:08 am Dogs are amazing in fact all animals are He knows so he is making sure you are ok Bet it was much more comfortable sleeping without the wire
Muscles is a very lucky dog not to have been hurt badly Hope you can play soon take care
HTFFBO[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
I agree and in lots of cases, prefer animals for company than humans. Once they know you won't harm them and are there to help, they become amazing.

Have tame kooka's, who greet me with fly by's in the mornings when running with my dog, you feel the breeze as they touch my hair in greeting. They will sit by my neighbour as she works in the garden picking up things she digs up and follows me round the place hoping I will reveal something they can eat, then they pounce.

As I live in one of the quietest, tranquil and beautiful place, it's so nice to see such trust from native wildlife and it makes life so much more pleasant.
Bow

Post by Bow »

Can insurance company’s get hold of My Health records?
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Only if you're silly enough to give them access to them!!

https://www.myhealthrecord.gov.au/for-y ... y-controls
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I’ve opted out.
When travelling I carry a WRITTEN summary of my medical history including prior and current meds, all surgeries and patient URs from every hospital.
It also lists all my personal info, contact numbers for family, and drink/smoking status.
Most drs & hospital admissions staff are impressed by my preparedness.
So I don’t need/want any of my details held in a national database which could be hacked.
If VISA, which handles BILLIONS of $$$ in transactions daily, can’t guarantee data security... I’m bloody sure the gummint can’t either!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Bow

Post by Bow »

BruceS wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:56 pm Only if you're silly enough to give them access to them!!

https://www.myhealthrecord.gov.au/for-y ... y-controls
Rule number one.
Never trust Goverment, lawyers or Insurance company’s.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Bow wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 pm Can insurance company’s get hold of My Health records?
You betcha, they can already access all your health records anyway so it won't make much difference. It was interesting reading my full health file when the NRMA had to perform full disclosure regard what was in there and what wasn't in there. Not that they couldn't access it, they actually paid for the medico legal doctor, but it appears to have vanished and I'm guessing it wasn't a favourable report for the NRMA's stance. There were reports from doctors I've never even heard of, certainly never seen, yet listing out all sorts of height, weight, thigh and arm measurements that clearly went against all the doctors on my sides reports.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Decided to opt out after talking to a couple of others, who have already experienced problems with the "my health records". One who has private health cover found out that anyone claiming to be a health professional, or associated with health care can gain access and it was another medical insurance company.

They tried to get him to take out extra insurance and change to them, as they claimed his 'my health record' showed he was not covered for some things. Not only did he opt out, but cancelled his private cover (medicare private) after his son who has no private cover, got better treatment at no cost through medicare than him for the same surgery, a genetic problem. His excess was over $2000 and he reckons the treatment at the private hospital was awful. I can vouch for that, having a gold card have experienced both private and public hospitals and public hospitals are so much better in all ways.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

The main advantage of private health is you can access YOUR choice of Dr straight away rather than get whoever they choose at some time in the future.
My parents had private health but always used public for every day stuff but when my mother broke her hip and had to wait (in pain!) for some time just to get looked at, decided to use private & got the Sports Med main guy straight away.
Even if you do have private you don't HAVE to use it. (I often get asked if I have private health as I fill out records for appointments)
BruceS
Mannum, SA