Banal .. Open to any topic on and off topics etc

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Dot

Re: Banal .. Open to any topic on and off topics etc

Post by Dot »

pet-els wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:33 pm I'll agree my van is invaded by Ti's ants. :shock:

PeterH
As long as they are just in your van Peter ;) ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I reckon Peter brought the ants with him, they are little buggers, not the slice of bread stealing ones that frequent the workshop, they get to stay because they drag the millipedes away. No pet spiders, but we don't go out of our way to kill them unless they have a red stripe on their back, those ones suffer the sole of the shoe as soon as they are spotted :twisted:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

We've had big problem with small black ants invading our house, used ant rid but going to try another one that has been recommended, they have been everywhere 👎👎
Shirley & Bruce.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

We have had good results with the Talon Ant Gel - comes in a syringe, buy from Coles or Woolworths.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

I'll second Talon ant gel.
Good results. I used a little yesterday, today there is a shortage of ants in the 5'er.

PeterH
PeterH
Dot

Post by Dot »

Loved the F1 today, poor Riccardo. x Even have to say the F--d did a good job.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

It was good to see the Holden mob can still get a spot on the podium, but then it is still early days in the Ford development of this new car. They certainly look good, it will be interesting to see how they go in the longer production car racing. I wonder if any hybrid vehicles will be entered in the 12 hr at Bathurst next yr, even the pure electric vehicles might put up a quick swap battery pack model for the event.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thanks Eddy & Peter I will try the gel, think they are getting use to the ant rid.
Shirley & Bruce.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I had a similar problem with the liquid Ant Rid, contacted the company and was advised that ants change their diet. I was set a packet of baits, free of charge, in containers similar to cockroach baits which provided instant success.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Dot

Post by Dot »

Wow somewhat restored some faith in the human species. I have my special drinks delivered and they are left at the front door as arranged. Last Friday instead of 4 box's there was just 3 so this morning Gman rang to let the supplier know. They assumed one had been stolen but said they would send another box (free) Then this arvo another box was at the front door yep the missing one from last week :? so once again G on the ph to let them know the missing box had appeared. They said that sometimes an order is dispatched to different couriers hhmmmm. Anyway all is good in the land of Dot.
Re the ants, we have noticed that the granules we have been using "Antex" hasn't been having any effect lately so I guess you were right New C George. maybe the ants do need a new diet. (a bit like me) :D