LPG instalations

Post here if you have some suggestions on improving the forum.
oldtrack123

Re: LPG instalations

Post by oldtrack123 »

Hi Dot
Like all trades & professions, there are those who know their job, & then there are those who think they know their job . ;) :)

And age does not matter.
Young & useless ,old & doddery are , sadly , in all fields .

PeterQ
Dot

Post by Dot »

Yep they are amongst us. But what gets me is how these people pass exams ?? Mind you I remember a student nurse was told to give Mrs xxx a saline bath,, simple enough, yet about 2 hrs later she came and asked, "how do I heat the water??" :? Instead of putting a cup full of salt in a bath of warm water she had emptied heaps of 1 lt bottles of saline into the bath tub.. :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
oldtrack123

Post by oldtrack123 »

Dot wrote:Yep they are amongst us. But what gets me is how these people pass exams ??
HI Dot

They have good short term memories but do not need to understand :)
Remember my post about the apprentice who passed EVERY year of his FIVE year Apprenticeship with HONOURS & was flat out changing a light bulb
Then there was a mate who became an Electrical apprentice for a electrical goods retailer,
All he did for 5years was repair household appliances but passed ALL his exams

By coincidence when he finished his apprenticeship he got a job with the company I was with.
I nursed him for a long time, teaching him the things he has not learnt.
THAT sort of thing is still hapening today in many areas :(

PeterQ
Darryl

Post by Darryl »

Dot wrote:We got stung a beauty with the first "gas fitter" seeing we were virgins to this conversion thing we contacted the "grey army" for the appropriate tradesman.. He installed the gas lines, connected to the gas bottles and connected the hot water service. Yeah right after $900 + later we were provided with a certificate off he went. How dumb were we? So after a ph call to check with the gas reg people we were told um no he should NOT have given the cert because he did not do the job correctly..LIKE.. The gas regulator was too low, solid gas line leading to the regulator, had big vents in the gas compartment (not required), not enough gas line supports, no gas stop cocks before each appliance, had not connected up stove or fridge, no test on the operation of the appliances, no appropriate air vents in the bus, no issue of warning stickers above the stove and on the gas comp door. That was the things we can remember.. Anyway we had to get another gas fitter and another huge bill added to the amount . BUT oh how we learnt.

It has come to my notice that some of us know that this statement is absolute bullshit! You were charged nothing for time and effort. Yes, I am aware that my account will now be deleted by the people with the power.
Forgive your enemy, but remember the bastard's name! Yep, done that!
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

No Darryl........... it won't be deleted.
Please feel free to elaborate a bit more but please reduce the swear words a little bit.
Facts will be gladly accepted but emotions will need to be controlled slightly........ by both of you!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

oldtrack123

Post by oldtrack123 »

Dot wrote:Yep they are amongst us. But what gets me is how these people pass exams ?? Mind you I remember a student nurse was told to give Mrs xxx a saline bath,, simple enough, yet about 2 hrs later she came and asked, "how do I heat the water??" :? Instead of putting a cup full of salt in a bath of warm water she had emptied heaps of 1 lt bottles of saline into the bath tub.. :lol: :lol:

HI Dot
I guess that was going to be a sparrow bath :lol:

PeterQ
Dot

Post by Dot »

Darryl,
I have no idea who you are and what you are ref to in my post. I would suggest you contact me via the PM system to elaborate further.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.