Hi From Kit Kat

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Kit Kat

Hi From Kit Kat

Post by Kit Kat »

Hi there,

I joined this forum today after seeing a link on another forum.

I lost my wife of 44 years a few years ago now to cancer, and have been in a dark place until recently when, thanks to family and caring friends, I decided to re-join society.

Prior to my wife’s passing we towed a small Viscount caravan with a Ford Territory, both of which have been sold since her death. I now drive a Hyundai Getz, which is a great little town car.

I’m now in process of looking for a second hand motor home in the 6 to 7 meter range as I have the urge to travel and see more of this great country of ours. I feel that a motorhome would be more practical for a solo traveller, as opposed to a caravan.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Hi From Kit Kat

Post by BruceS »

Hi & a big welcome Kit Kat.
We hope we can help you enjoy yourself while here and have a few laughs along the way.
It may help if you go into your control panel & fiddle around with your profile to give others an idea of where you live.
Do you have a bit of an idea on brand, model, cost etc of a motorhome you may prefer?
I think most of us know of one or two that may suit your purpose.
Once again... a big welcome!!!
;) ;)

Ooops! I see you already have added to your profile!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Big welcome from me too Keith. Hope you enjoy our little gathering and have fun......
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Welcome Keith, plenty of 2nd M.Hs., on members market on the CMCA web site for sale, maybe worth a look.
Shirley & Bruce.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Question to the BOSS, how does a new member who is not into M.Hing, know where the CMCA web site is if one can't post or send via pm CMCA??? seems weird to me.
Shirley & Bruce.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Hi Shirley....... Sorry but it serves as a bit of a warning to those who wish to use this forum to promote that club when the club itself refuses to use a forum to do it!!
How about something like this?
http://www.c-m-c-a.net.au/pages/members ... tApril.php
Please remove the hyphens between the 4 letters for the address to work properly.
I'm presuming it's accessable by the general public?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Kit Kat

Post by Kit Kat »

admin wrote:Hi & a big welcome Kit Kat.
We hope we can help you enjoy yourself while here and have a few laughs along the way.
It may help if you go into your control panel & fiddle around with your profile to give others an idea of where you live.
Do you have a bit of an idea on brand, model, cost etc of a motorhome you may prefer?
I think most of us know of one or two that may suit your purpose.
Once again... a big welcome!!!
;) ;)

Ooops! I see you already have added to your profile!
Thanks for the welcomes and suggestions. :)

I plan on hiring a few different 6 metre motorhomes in the coming months and do a few "long weekends" away to determine the layout that suits me the best. At the moment I'm leaning towards this type of layout as it ticks all the boxes for me and is just inside my self imposed budget http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive...7602400602

I've looked at the website mentioned, and will look there again once I've determined the model and layout that suits me best. I'm in no hurry, and want to make the right decision the first time.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Yeah, the general public can look at the members market, I have told several folk looking to buy to look there, I bet several of this forums members are still members of the club also members of both new forums as I am.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi and welcome to you Keith, sorry for your loss of your wife but glad to hear that you are now ready to get back out there and enjoy yourself once again. Stick around and just jump in, not to stick in the mud around here. :D :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

G’day Keith, sorry for loss and it's good to hear you are on the road to recovery. Welcome to the forum. Hiring a motorhome is a great way to see what works for you. One thing for sure, there are hundreds and hundreds for sale, people are literally dying to get out of them!!.

Take your time and if you miss one that ticks all the boxes another will come along in no time. I gave similar advice to friends who wanted to go motor homing but unfortunately they ended up buying the first one they saw and while it looked OK it really was not what they needed. :( I think that is half the problem, a lot of people new to motorhomes really don’t know what they need and often when they find out it’s too late as they have already forked out lots of dollars on something that is not quite right.

Ask questions, you will find lots of good advice is just waiting on the right question :)
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too