Water Purifier giveaway contest

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
BruceS
Site Admin

Water Purifier giveaway contest

Post by BruceS »

A few of you may wish to sign up to this forum and enter the contest?
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f14 ... 01080.html
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Water Purifier giveaway contest

Post by T1 Terry »

I've been a member there for a few years now, a lot of interesting stuff over there and you get to see just how expensive boat stuff is, I thought motorhome stuff was over the top but the prices they hit boat owners with shows it's a lifestyle for those with plenty of money. My post is 459 so the odds are fairly slim of winning one, but maybe they would make South Australian water drinkable :lol: Still got the taste of the stuff in the tank and it's been emptied and refilled a few times, any ideas how to get it clean/taste free?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Craig

Post by Craig »

T1 Terry wrote:I've been a member there for a few years now, a lot of interesting stuff over there and you get to see just how expensive boat stuff is, I thought motorhome stuff was over the top but the prices they hit boat owners with shows it's a lifestyle for those with plenty of money. My post is 459 so the odds are fairly slim of winning one, but maybe they would make South Australian water drinkable :lol: Still got the taste of the stuff in the tank and it's been emptied and refilled a few times, any ideas how to get it clean/taste free?
Just rinse your tank with that recycled water in NSW :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: . That should changed the taste :roll:
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

:lol: all the water anywhere is recycled if you thing about it ;) the river stuff quite a few times. The tasty Wollongong water isn't strong enough to over come that South Australian stuff, might need some of that stuff from the desalination plant
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

T1 you might like to try vanilla essence.
Back in the 60-70's every farmer (& son!) used to take one of those foam covered plastic water bottles with water & a block of ice in it. After several days the warm water by days end used to assist the plastic flavour from being almost unbearable for drinking.
A teaspoon full of vanilla essence in a couple of cups full of water & a good shake & let sit overnight used to fix it.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Gotta be worth a try, thanks for that tip. Vanilla in the coffee has gotta taste better than what ever it is in South Australian water :twisted:
John M

Post by John M »

T1 Terry wrote:Gotta be worth a try, thanks for that tip. Vanilla in the coffee has gotta taste better than what ever it is in South Australian water :twisted:
When we used to travel horses, We found that even they wouldn't drink SA water (Particularly Murray Bridge, and Oakbank area) but if you let the water sit in an open bucket overnight, they would drink it the next morning.
We have a double filter fitted in line and filter all water into the tank, have had no problems with taste in the tank since (even SA water). A little inconvenient to fill as have to pump water through the filter.
"Recycled Teenagers", John, Shirley and Four legged person Beau, travelling in a 7m Isuzu bus towing a trailer. Enjoying the fellowship of the road
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Terry, we had the same problem and were recommended to use a coupla teaspoons of epsoms salts, directly into the water tank full of water. It works like a treat, cleans all the gunk out and the taste is instantly improved. Be careful not to use too much or you will have a reminder of what a dose of salts can do! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

I had a similar problem with water, I fixed it by drinking more beer, afterall you know what fish do in water :)

We have tank water at home and can really tell the dufference with any other water. In Wilbor we filter it going into the tank and then again on the way out with a 5 and a 1 micron carbon filter
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Wilbor wrote:I had a similar problem with water, I fixed it by drinking more beer......................
We all know beer has very few vitamins. That's why I have to drink lots of it. :P
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774