More than 1700 registered for Campervan & Motorhome Rally

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Kit Kat

More than 1700 registered for Campervan & Motorhome Rally

Post by Kit Kat »

FOLLOWING the success of the 2013 Scout Jamboree and Ulysses AGM, preparations are now under way for the third national event to be held on the Fraser Coast this year.

More than 1750 members have already registered for the Campervan & Motorhome Rally at the Maryborough Showgrounds and Equestrian Centre from April 29 to May 5.

Councillor for sport, recreation, open spaces and events Darren Everard said hundreds of volunteers will begin setting up at the showgrounds on Wednesday.

"The Ulyssians are taking down the last of their tents and will officially hand the site over to the CMCA later today (Tuesday)," he said.

"Organisers are already predicting that this event will inject more than $3 million into the local economy.

"That's on top of the economic benefits that the two previous events have brought to the region."

Cr Everard said more than 1000 campervans were expected to be on-site along with 70 industry traders from across the country.

He said the council would set up a Visitor Information Centre at the showgrounds specifically for CMCA members and their families.

Cr Everard said the visiting members would receive discounts on a range of local shopping, dining, tourism and accommodation experiences across the Fraser Coast through the My Fraser Pass program.

"Each visiting member will be given a My Fraser Pass that will remain valid for the next 12 months because we expect a number of these guests to return for a holiday or potentially make a permanent move to the region," he said.

Source: News Mail. Read more here: http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/more-1 ... y/1840271/
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: More than 1700 registered for Campervan & Motorhome Rall

Post by T1 Terry »

Cr Everard said more than 1000 campervans were expected to be on-site
so that equates to 1.75 people per motorhome? Won't that be a cosy little event :roll: Just a tad too big for me, anything over 50 vehicles and it decays into the chapter groups becoming their own little click group to the exclusion of outsides, you can end up feeling very alone even though there are 1749 other people at the same place unless you join a chapter and become a member of that click.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

must check my glasses, I read that as a little dick group.....
I always reckon a dozen is enough....
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

dapope wrote:must check my glasses, I read that as a little dick group.....
I always reckon a dozen is enough....
........ or 17 ........ ???
BruceS
Mannum, SA

TigerMK1

Post by TigerMK1 »

We attended our first at Boonah. We were delighted that the local retailers had a very good sales event. Everyone from the hairdressors to the butchers all reported great turnovers. We also enjoyed the Campervan & Motorhome Club events and the comradie at all functions. So those nitpickers that quall at more than a dozen units, stay where you are, we won't miss you.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

TigerMK1 wrote:We attended our first at Boonah. We were delighted that the local retailers had a very good sales event. Everyone from the hairdressors to the butchers all reported great turnovers. We also enjoyed the Campervan & Motorhome Club events and the comradie at all functions. So those nitpickers that quall at more than a dozen units, stay where you are, we won't miss you.
What? :shock:
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Horses for courses Steven, obviously there must be another 1749 people who think the same way as you, or they wouldn't have signed up eh ;)
I look forward to your report about how many of the other 1749 people you got to meet, at the max 50 events you get to meet them all and have the benefit of there input around the campfire.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bellett65

Post by bellett65 »

I met a few heading that way while in Hay. I was so excited for them going all that way for the craft classes I hope they leave where they are going cleaner than they left there campsites at Hay.

Peter
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Kit Kat

Post by Kit Kat »

Hundreds of volunteers setting up showgrounds for rally

HUNDREDS of volunteers began taking over Maryborough Showgrounds on Wednesday, as set-up began for the biannual Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia Rally.

The rally will officially begin on Monday, but an estimated 300 volunteers will first spend the next five days preparing for the arrival of about 1000 motorhomes.

CMCA general manager Richard Barwick said the group had worked with Ulysses to be able to set up as easily as possible, with about 2000 people registered for the event.

"The next couple of days will be very busy," he said.

Mr Barwick said Maryborough had been chosen over Gympie for the rally thanks to the prices, with equipment and supplies sourced from local businesses.

He praised staff at the showgrounds and Maryborough businesses.

"Not one thing has been a trouble," he said.

The week-long rally will have more than 70 traders showing off the latest campervan and motorhome technology, but Mr Barwick said it was more about the social aspect for most CMCA members.

Source: News Mail. Read more here: http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/motorh ... n/1842941/
Jim

Post by Jim »

Why is it that if we don't involve ourselves in something that we tend to knock it?

Clearly there are some who love rallies - that's their choice, and so be it.

On the other hand there are some, like myself, who don't belong to a chapter (clique??), and just enjoy doing my own thing.

I would not want anyone to knock my preference, and I certainly don't knock theirs.

It's a big country!