Whats with this weather ????

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Vik351

Re: Whats with this weather ????

Post by Vik351 »

Here ya go Terrence... sit back and have a listen with a glass a port :D ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T3BQbFxmFo

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Bernie our youngest lady member is 30 yrs old, oldest lady 93yrs old & still rolls down great bowls, we did have a couple of teenage members but they moved to a bigger club where they had better advancement in the sport.
Heaps more exercise than most people who have never bowled realise, when I first started I could hardly walk up our stair case.🤣🤣🤣 & I thought I was fit, ride my bike & paddle my kayak.
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Sorry Shirley I'm not a team player. I don't belong to any clubs.
Last club I was in was the Maryborough aero club...you had to be a member to learn to fly, or hanger an aircraft. That is getting close to be about 20 years back.
Bernie.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Bernie, I played tennis 2 days a week for 30 yrs, guess when you're into playing a sport, you continue, been bowling about 14 yrs, like you I had to join the club to be able to bowl, now I bowl 2 days a week, roll up Saturday mornings & occasionally play in a mixed competition on a weekend, weekends mostly are family time. :D
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Shirley, I reckon you must be a bit like my FiL. He played footy when he was young, both main codes. Then tennis and golf. He started playing bowls when his back started to give up. He's not very active now, but he had fun getting old.

A big article in the Advertiser about Mannum and the oncoming floods just popped up in my news feed. I can't get the link to load. But it seems that some councils are a bit better prepared than others a bit further upstream have been.
The river level at Mulwala is finally starting to recede. The authorities must feel confident that they have released enough water from Hume Weir, for the time being.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Vik351 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:19 pm Here ya go Terrence... sit back and have a listen with a glass a port :D ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T3BQbFxmFo

vik...
Had to settle for a coffee, a glass of port always leads to another glass of port and that doesn't seem to be the accepted way to start the days work :lol:
There are excavators tearing up the grass along the river bank and another on the Mary Anne reserve and one of those rollers with the lumpy feet ready to pack it all down. Not sure just what they are hoping to achieve, we will have this flood event for mths and sandbags aren't exactly a waterproof wall ...... Apparently, at the local town meeting they said the road itself will be sandbagged some where along Purnong Rd when the water reaches high enough to threaten entering the town from that end ...... the road will be well and truly cut flooded at Long Gully by then so we wouldn't be using that part anyway.

the houses along River Lane have had their power disconnected and the sewer plugged already from what I've been told, so it seems they have no plans to try and sandbag the banks there, if it really does exceed the '56 flood level then a lot of very expensive homes will have the river running through them ..... the council building code says all houses built after '56 had to have the living area above the '56 flood level and the parts below that level had to be open to allow the water to run through. There are a number of containers in yards that aren't supposed to be there on both sides of the river, so they will make life interesting further down the river and no doubt we will have a few pass through from properties up stream as well ..... not a good time to have your boat tied up out on the main section of the river ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

So what are those people supposed to do for power and the loo maybe they could all take opioids to bung them up??? :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:03 pm So what are those people supposed to do for power and the loo maybe they could all take opioids to bung them up??? :lol:
Move out, only choice really besides an off grid battery/solar installation and a portapotty .... Can't use a generator in the town limits until the power goes out for all and the state of emergency is declared. They knew the possibilities when they build the mansions there, just none of them believed we would ever see a '56 flood event ever again ..... a number of the shops are trying to determine if they should move all their stock to higher ground or rely on the sandbag walls to protect them. The two pubs and the two clubs are going to have a few issues, all the kegs are in cellars ..... well the RSL is at ground level but that is also at river level ..... The rowing club is moving the dragon boats to the Marina it seems and I guess the other boats are small enough to just move to higher ground.

The Marina and the houses that front onto the water might find life becomes a tad interesting if they plug their sewer as well :lol: But all of Mannum might find life interesting if the sewerage treatment works goes under, that is also the town water treatment works, all the town residents removed their water tanks yrs ago ..... I'm wondering if they now see the wisdom in such a move ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Terry,

Being the entrepreneur that you are.... is it time to advertise the Motor Homes? They might sell very quickly.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

There's a really nice one in the workshop at the moment, would get good money for it ..... if I could just figure out how to transfer the rego to the new owners :lol: Can't sell off my two, I'll probably need them for power at the house if they turn the power off up that end ... or if they turn the power off at the workshop, we might just take a holiday for a while 8-)

Bruce was just here to collect battery boxes to store all the guts out of the power poles at the Marina, the power was turned off down there about an hr ago ....... there will be some big cook ups tonight for those that weren't at their boat to start a generator or didn't have a solar/battery set up ;)
The wailing and woe is me has started down there already, Brian's neighbour that runs two split system air conditioners 24/7 is really gunna go off when he gets home :roll:

T1 Terry