Whats with this weather ????

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
jon_d

Re: Whats with this weather ????

Post by jon_d »

Sounds like rentable 240V lithium solar power modules would be the go.
Dot

Post by Dot »

mannum 2.jpg
mannum 1956.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I think the first photo is looking from the road to the ferry, that is now a produce store and a cafe called "Pickle me grandma" or something similar.
The second photo I think is the road side of the Pretoria Hotel second floor. Interesting to see the sandbag wall, doesn't look as though it was real successful, but maybe it was just to form a walkway from the sandbag wall on one side of the street to the Pretoria hotel.

A bit more on the '56 flood http://mannum.org.au/1956-flood.html
At the end they claim Mannum wouldn't see another flood like that, time will tell .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:55 pm Sounds like rentable 240V lithium solar power modules would be the go.
Ummmm, I already have the broom stuck up me butt now so I can sweep the workshop while I'm doing the work we have now :lol: After loosing $7,000 to a non paying house boat install, I can't see Margaret having any interest in doing any jobs that can't be locked up in the workshop yard until full payment is received ...... at least for a while till the pain eases anyway ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:35 pm ...................
The wailing and woe is me has started down there already, Brian's neighbour that runs two split system air conditioners 24/7 is really gunna go off when he gets home :roll:

T1 Terry
Surely, none of those woe is me'ers didn't see this event coming. It not like it hasn't been going on further up the river system for at least 6 weeks or so.
The management group at the marina probably saved the body corporate a truckload of money, by having the foresight to take action before the event and remove some equipment before the inevitable flood made it unusable.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I think it might have been a case of the marina "powers that be" asked the electricity authority to turn off the power because if they waited for the water to reach the power posts the sparkie wouldn't stand in water and do the equipment removal.
They are all going to have to learn how to live off grid for quite some time, all the mud will need to be blasted out of power posts and then that dried out, before the sparkie will put the parts back in ..... As each post has two power meters, all the bits need to be labelled and packed in the correct order so it's just a matter of starting at one end and working their way around to the other end.
I doubt if they have even thought about getting replacement gas cyls, I doubt the gas man will paddle out to each boat when the ring for a replacement bottle :roll:

T1 Terry
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I doubt if they have even thought about getting replacement gas cyls, I doubt the gas man will paddle out to each boat when the ring for a replacement bottle :roll:
Wouldn't they just motor up the main street?
Dot

Post by Dot »

Drones (big ones) :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:19 pm
Wouldn't they just motor up the main street?
The gas cyl place is not far down the road from the workshop, if the water gets high enough to motor up to there in the speed boat, I doubt there will be anyone there to open up the gates and sell them a full cyl :lol:

T1 Terry
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Luckily it's just down the road and not just up.

I've just had an idea. As they float upto your place. Strap them together and make a raft.

:shock: