Free Image Optimizer

Put you favourite resizer here...
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Re: Free Image Optimizer

Post by norman »

I dont know whats wrong with Microsoft image resizer. Piece of cake to use just sits in the tools whats a me jig . right click piccie and gives several options... 8-) 8-)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Macca

Post by Macca »

I can never seem to get the Microsoft resizer to come down small enough!
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yes...... it doesn't compress the jpg. (or other file type)
It only reduces the pixels.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Macca wrote:I can never seem to get the Microsoft resizer to come down small enough!
Is the Microsoft Picture manager you are using Kay? I crop the photo, then select compress picture, click on each possibility, "Document, web page, email message, till it comes down to under 200KiB, then save that under a different name. this is how I did the last "Where is this?" viewtopic.php?f=40&t=277&p=15027#p15027 even though it's 190KiB on my computer, it's says it's 219KiB on the post. If you click on it twice it comes out to a reasonable size photo, not sure if it should be smaller to save file space though, what do you reckon Boss?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

No....... space isn't a problem here.
The only and main reason to try to keep the KB size down is so it doesn't chew up peoples allocated data (especially 3G etc) and to allow pages to display a little quicker.
If you open a topic that has half a dozen pictures in it & they are a meg in size then it takes a minute or so to display. (6 X 1= 6megs)
BruceS
Mannum, SA