Confusion at dog ban

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Kit Kat

Confusion at dog ban

Post by Kit Kat »

ARNO Bay residents and tourists alike are confused by the District Council of Cleve’s decision to ban dogs from the town’s famous boardwalk.

At the council meeting in December 2012, councillors Sharon Crettenden and Jodie Jones successfully moved to ratify the draft of the 2012/17 Animal Management Plan with a ban that would prevent dogs being allowed on the boardwalk at Arno Bay.

Councillor Crettenden said the motion was put forward after she heard of an incident on the boardwalk involving another councillor, who she did not name.

“A councillor who was walking on the boardwalk had an incident with a relative who was frightened by a dog,” Mrs Crettenden said.

“On the boardwalk there is nowhere for children or other people to go if the worse does happen, similar to a jetty, that’s why I made my decision.”

However the decision has caused concern amongst local and visiting dog owners alike.

Arno Bay Caravan Park manager Steven Dunn said he was surprised the ban was accepted and was worried about what it would do to tourism in Arno Bay.

“People with pets who travel take into consideration where they can go and what they can do with their pets,” he said.

“It (the effects of the ban) won’t happen straight away but word travels and if less people are staying at the caravan park then less people are shopping here and spending money in the town.”

Source: Eyre Peninsula News. Read more here: http://www.eyretribune.com.au/story/148 ... ban/?cs=12
Dot

Re: Confusion at dog ban

Post by Dot »

Another case of "power gone to some twerps head" What about banning the ferals on those places, you know the ones that ride bikes & trikes etc and will not budge an inch for anyone else. Give me a dog anyday. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.